What do you think will happen with Jerry Hughes?

YoloinOhio

Jerry Hughes  

254 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome of Jerry Hughes's pending FA?

• Bills will sign Jerry Hughes during FA
    • Hughes will sign with another team in FA
  2. 2. If Hughes is not signed by the Bills, how should he be replaced?

• Signing another FA pass rusher (i.e. JPP, Pernell McPhee, etc)
    • Drafting a pass rusher in 2015
    • With a player currently on the roster (Jarius Wynn, Randell Johnson, etc)

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cletus made me question whether they get it done or not. I think Jerry has become a great player and I'd love for them to sign him, but if he wants too much, we might be better off letting him sign somewhere else.

I've been thinking about one scenario that I can't remember being brought up here. Since Rex loves lock down corners, I wonder if we make a run at Byron Maxwell. Anyone have any idea what ballpark his contract will be in?

9:37pm

@jchenelly: Those advising Jerry Hughes say they are sure they can get bigger payday on open market than #Bills willing to pay. Hughes contemplating.

9:37pm

@jchenelly: Those advising Jerry Hughes say they are sure they can get bigger payday on open market than #Bills willing to pay. Hughes contemplating.

He probably can. The key is the guaranteed money the Bills are offering. If it's 24m or more, he should jump on it regardless of the years and the total amount. The Bills should offer him 5-50 with 24m guaranteed. I think if he goes on the open market he will get closer to 12 per year but he is not going to see those last couple years in all likelihood, unless he turns into one of the very best players in the game.

I think this is pretty much all or nothing. Jerry goes to the highest bidder if they don't get this done tonight or tomorrow. Agents start fielding offers on Saturday.

I think you are correct

nickellion79 @nickellion79 5m5 minutes ago

@jchenelly you think he decides tonight if he is taking Bills offer or hitting the open market?

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly 4m4 minutes ago

@TylerHoch1 It would only be my opinion, so I think there is an outside shot. But could not blame him for walking away.

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly 3m3 minutes ago

@nickellion79 His people need to know very soon.

Tyler Hoch @TylerHoch1 5m5 minutes ago

@jchenelly Shady deal probably helps the cause of him staying

0 replies 0 retweets 1 favorite

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly 3m3 minutes ago

@TylerHoch1 Yes, I know #Bills are counting on that to help in recruiting. That is why the news was leaked early. Philly was against leak.

nickellion79 @nickellion79 4m4 minutes ago

@jchenelly is their meeting over?

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly 2m2 minutes ago

@nickellion79 I'm not sure, but that was my impression.

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly 44s44 seconds ago

@nickellion79 No nte rating note: Rex Ryan not at the meeting. His personality is famously attractive to players.