What do you think will happen with Jerry Hughes?

YoloinOhio

Jerry Hughes  

254 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome of Jerry Hughes's pending FA?

• Bills will sign Jerry Hughes during FA
    • Hughes will sign with another team in FA
  2. 2. If Hughes is not signed by the Bills, how should he be replaced?

• Signing another FA pass rusher (i.e. JPP, Pernell McPhee, etc)
    • Drafting a pass rusher in 2015
    • With a player currently on the roster (Jarius Wynn, Randell Johnson, etc)

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on if they go after iupati. They can only give one of the two the big $$. If their smart , they get a $5m guard and sign Hughes. We shall see.

How would you feel about a $5mil Guard, a $7mil TE (like Clay), and a $5mil DE (like McPhee) instead?

My guesses were Falcons or Cowboys.

Nice! I tend to always lean towards the Falcons on things since thats the other team I follow (for clarification: I dont cheer for them, just follow their news). And Hughes seems like a guy Dan Quinn would love to add to his new Defense.

If its not going to be the Bills, any team in the NFC is ok with me. Keep him out of the division and conference.

Anyone who gives Clay $7 million per should be banned from the league for life.

They won't give him $7/year...Vernon Davis is making $7/year and that is even a bit much...

Clay would be criminally stupid to sign for less than $7M/year considering that's what he'll get if he signs the Transition tag contract

Clay would be criminally stupid to sign for less than $7M/year considering that's what he'll get if he signs the Transition tag contract

Then let the Dolphins keep him. Give Clay $7 million per year but $8 would be too much for Iupati?

I don't see the Bills paying $7mil/year for a TE with the current make up of our team. Still want a G, now have to fill Hughes spot and/or David Harris, extend McCoy, re-up Dareus...just don't know if that fits the make up of this team at that price right now

Then let the Dolphins keep him. Give Clay $7 million per year but $8 would be too much for Iupati?

I didn't say to sign Clay; I'm only telling you that that's what he'll get regardless of where he plays next year, since he's not going to sign for less than what he's already got in hand.

As for Iupati, I think $8M/year is too much for any guard. I also think that, if Levitre got $8M/year, Iupati will ask for at least $8.5M. There are guys that I think are better value at lower cost.

I don't see the Bills paying $7mil/year for a TE with the current make up of our team. Still want a G, now have to fill Hughes spot and/or David Harris, extend McCoy, re-up Dareus...just don't know if that fits the make up of this team at that price right now

Agreed. I think $7M/year is too much for a FA TE right now...but we shall see.

The only thing I could see bringing Clay's number down is a longer term deal. That $7mil price tag comes on a 1 yr deal. If someone wants to sign him for, say, 3 years they should be able to get that cap hit down to more like $5mil.

I like Iupati, but there are other good Guards available that will cost less. Id rather spread that money around and have more talent on the team. JMO.