Even MORE trouble for the Pats??? (Browner comments)

Hard to believe that's even possible at this point with the deflategate scandal and the Blount thing people are talking about now.

Browner wants Patriots to attack Sherman, Thomas's injuries

The New England Patriots corner spoke to ESPN's Josina Anderson on Monday and indicated he would tell his teammates to attack the injuries of Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas.

"I'll tell my teammates to hit (Sherman's) elbow, (Thomas') shoulder. Try to break it if you can."

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/browner-wants-patriots-to-attack-sherman-thomass-injuries/ar-AA8Cx2H?ocid=AARDHP

I don't see how he could say something like that without repercussions?

Well seeing he just came from seahawks you can blame it on their mentality if you want. But reality if a guys injured opponents are going to test the injury. Thats one reason I give Bellichick a pass on playing games with the injury report .... why give an accurate description of injuries when you know its just a road map for other teams to exploit?

Edited by JTSP

Hard to believe that's even possible at this point with the deflategate scandal and the Blount thing people are talking about now.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/browner-wants-patriots-to-attack-sherman-thomass-injuries/ar-AA8Cx2H?ocid=AARDHP

I believe he will face repercussions from the Hoodie. Hoodie has a "create no controversy in the media" policy.

I don't know about the league, though talking like UFC trash is surely poor PR for the league.

Well seeing he just came from seahawks you can blame it on their mentality if you want. But reality if a guys injured opponents are going to test the injury. Thats one reason I give Bellichick a pass on playing games with the injury report .... why give an accurate description of injuries when you know its just a road map for other teams to exploit?

Ayup, agree that is exactly what opponents will do with a player's injury. But I also agree it's pretty dumb to open your yap about it

I mean I know players DO that as a strategy but what an idiotic thing to say to the media. With all the BountyGate crap and the concussion crap and the media attention to player safety lately, I'm surprised they wouldn't say something to him or fine him or something.

I agree unbelievable stupid.

I believe he will face repercussions from the Hoodie. Hoodie has a "create no controversy in the media" policy.

I don't know about the league, though talking like UFC trash is surely poor PR for the league.

Ayup, agree that is exactly what opponents will do with a player's injury. But I also agree it's pretty dumb to open your yap about it

The surprising thing is that he was able to say this.... Just shows the cracks in Godlicheks system. Comments like this didn't use to happen

Attacking someone's injury is one thing. As in, his right arm is injured so try to stay on his right side so he can't use it as much. But to say "try to break it"??? That's just pure stupidity. If he doesn't get fined, and Marshawn keeps being threatened to be fined for not speaking to the media? That just more proof of what a !@#$ing circus Goodell is running.

How's this not a bounty gate situation???? Seriously, how is this not something that should have a heavy penalty?

I don't know man. I really don't. While I realize that players probably think like this quietly, I just can't believe a player would be that dumb nowadays with everything going on to say something like that in an interview. The league should fine him for pure stupidity. Not even kidding. Just say it's to protect players' health or something, but slap him with a fine for being a complete idiot.

The only thing that bothers me about this is if Brady was entering the game with a known injury and a Seahawk mentioned something about going after that injury that player would probably be fined. This will most likely result in no punishment.

More than ever, constant access and social media make the Commissioner's job difficult. He's handled many things very poorly, but it's important to recognize that the degree of difficulty with each successive commissioner has changed exponentially. It's a sign of the times. I'm not sticking up for the guy. I could retire quite comfortably on his earnings over the last few years.

Edited by Augie

The only thing that bothers me about this is if Brady was entering the game with a known injury and a Seahawk mentioned something about going after that injury that player would probably be fined. This will most likely result in no punishment.

Fined?? If he were lucky. Most likely suspended for the SB and the first four games next year.

How's this not a bounty gate situation???? Seriously, how is this not something that should have a heavy penalty?

I swear some of you are actually 14 year old girls and are hooked on reality TV/soap operas.

It's football. You go out and you try to impose your will on an opponent. If they are hurt you can exploit that to your advantage, and big legal hits are momentum changers.

All of you would argue that if we were playing the Hawks in the super bowl we should run our biggest back or nastiest blocker right at Sherman and blow up his bad arm. Not every candid quote or transgression deserves to be a "-gate" and not every penalty has to be compared with marshawn getting threatened with fines. In today's nfl this could end up a penalty but that doesn't mean it should.

More than ever, constant access and social media make the Commissioner's job difficult. He's handled many things very poorly, but it's important to recognize that the degree of difficulty with each successive commissioner has changed exponentially. It's a sign of the times. I'm not sticking up for the guy. I could retire quite comfortably on his earnings over the last few years.

His earnings the last few weeks. He's racking 3-4m a month