Jimmy Sexton is still busy (Marrone)...

eball

...he has gotten his national media mouthpiece (Adam Schefter) to continue to talk up Marrone for next year's HC vacancies:

linky

I'll give Sexton credit; he's a PR master. I don't believe it for a moment, however...Marrone couldn't land the 49ers job over that D-line coach? Convenient how Schefter didn't mention that job in his comments.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"He'll be, I believe, at the top of the list of candidates next year," Schefter continued.

:w00t:

which is exactly what he said when talk of Marrone possibly opting out started and continued that talk once he actually did opt out

I like Schefter but this is obviously him trying to help out his former agent

Edited by Max997

Schefter has been all over pumping up Marrone every chance he's gotten. I've heard him on Mike & Mike and on NFL radio repeating the same company line about "Believing he'll be at the top of coaching lists next year".

I'll never say never, but unless Marrone turns the Jags line into the 2nd coming of Dallas's line and has a big hand in turning Bortles into Luck 2.0, no one is selling their fans on an under .500 career coach who walked out on his contract and preceded to torch every bridge in sight in the process. Even then, he's definitly not getting a better job than the one he walked out on. I do believe if he's a head coach again it will be in college, or if it's at the NFL level it'll be one SEVERAL people have passed on.

It seems to me it's pretty clear Doug, Sexton and Woody had come to an illegal agreement while Doug was still under contract with the Bills. Doug opted out and Woody ran straight to the press about how excited he was. Casserly and co. that are advising Woody slammed on the breaks with the Revis tampering situation already in play and the NY media trashed St. Doug, taking the shine off the hire. The Jets decided it wasn't worth the mess and went with another good candidate in Bowles.

In all honesty

I am trying to remember a time when we had a HC that specialized in one area and that area was the weakest part of the team.......meaning the OL

I dont know if I have EVER see that

Generally if you have a DC going to HC....you can count on the defense being good.....and vice versa

Marrone has a claim on NOTHING

In all honesty

I am trying to remember a time when we had a HC that specialized in one area and that area was the weakest part of the team.......meaning the OL

I dont know if I have EVER see that

Generally if you have a DC going to HC....you can count on the defense being good.....and vice versa

Marrone has a claim on NOTHING

he has the reverse midas touch

...he has gotten his national media mouthpiece (Adam Schefter) to continue to talk up Marrone for next year's HC vacancies:

linky

I'll give Sexton credit; he's a PR master. I don't believe it for a moment, however...Marrone couldn't land the 49ers job over that D-line coach? Convenient how Schefter didn't mention that job in his comments.

"PR Master"??

Form the moment Marrone opted out, he and Sexton have orchestrated the biggest HC personal PR disaster of the off season. His Sexton's client is a laughingstock who just took a mercy job.

"PR Master"??

Form the moment Marrone opted out, he and Sexton have orchestrated the biggest HC personal PR disaster of the off season. His Sexton's client is a laughingstock who just took a mercy job.

I would argue Sexton didn't botch this, Marrone did...he went "off the reservation" as soon as he opted out, blowing any chance he had to land another HC job. Sexton has been pumping positive stories through his national contacts and other clients like a madman.

Of course, knowing the egomaniac Marrone is, he probably blames Sexton for all of it, but can't fire him because, you know, he got him that free $4M and all...

I would argue Sexton didn't botch this, Marrone did...he went "off the reservation" as soon as he opted out, blowing any chance he had to land another HC job. Sexton has been pumping positive stories through his national contacts and other clients like a madman.

Of course, knowing the egomaniac Marrone is, he probably blames Sexton for all of it, but can't fire him because, you know, he got him that free $4M and all...

The "positive stories" have been viewed universally as too little and too late. Marrone absolutely can and should at least consider firing Sexton.

which is exactly what he said when talk of Marrone possibly opting out started and continued that talk once he actually did opt out

I like Schefter but this is obviously him trying to help out his former agent

And this is exactly why I hate the media over the past 10-15 years...Mort was so protective of Tom Donahoe and yet TD never received another Front Office Job. Same goes for Schefter. Why can't these folks be honest with their opinions.

"He'll be, I believe, at the top of the list of candidates next year," Schefter continued.

:w00t:

This is so deliriously transparent. How can anyone accurately project which HC candidates will be available or which franchises will have vacancies a year from now? Why would Marrone be more desirable next year than this year? I suppose it's only embarrassing for someone like Schefter if you're looking closely at his comments as we are. Fans of other teams likely just nod their heads at such a "report".