Robert Kraft unexpectedly addresses media tonight in AZ

YoloinOhio

@JasonLaCanfora: Bob Kraft is 1st to "address the air pressure matter." says spoke to Belichick and Brady "I believe unconditionally" pats did nothing wrong.

@Rachel__Nichols: Robert Kraft: "I want to make it clear that I believe unconditionally the Patriots have done nothing wrong or in violation of NFL rules."

@JasonLaCanfora: Kraft says Belichick and Brady have had uncomfortable talks in the past and they "have lied to me." stand behind them wholeheartedly

@RapSheet: Kraft says he believed Brady and Belichick did nothing inappropriate. It bothers me greatly that their reputation (is) called into question

@AroundTheNFL: Kraft: The New England Patriots have done nothing inappropriate. Tom and Bill are my guys and my family.

@RapSheet: Robert Kraft said the league should apologize to his team if its proven that his team had no wrongdoing. Wow.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Belichik on podium now and refusing to talk about balls.

Aye...

What more do you want him to say? He said he has no knowledge of and involvement with the balls possibly being tampered with. There is nothing more that he can add that will clarify the situation.

The league office is going to do an exhaustive investigation that will go past the SB. It has every incentive to get it right. In reality this isn't a very complicated case. The investigators know who handled the balls and they know the timeline. Most people are assuming the worst motive from the Pats. I'm not. My position is let the process run its course and let the chips fall where they may.

What more do you want him to say? He said he has no knowledge of and involvement with the balls possibly being tampered with. There is nothing more that he can add that will clarify the situation.

The league office is going to do an exhaustive investigation that will go past the SB. It has every incentive to get it right. In reality this isn't a very complicated case. The investigators know who handled the balls and they know the timeline. Most people are assuming the worst motive from the Pats. I'm not. My position is let the process run its course and let the chips fall where they may.

it was a joke that he was refusing to talk about balls. Just a joke.

@JasonLaCanfora: Bob Kraft is 1st to "address the air pressure matter." says spoke to Belichick and Brady "I believe unconditionally" pats did nothing wrong.

@Rachel__Nichols: Robert Kraft: "I want to make it clear that I believe unconditionally the Patriots have done nothing wrong or in violation of NFL rules."

@JasonLaCanfora: Kraft says Belichick and Brady have had uncomfortable talks in the past and they "have lied to me." stand behind them wholeheartedly

@RapSheet: Kraft says he believed Brady and Belichick did nothing inappropriate. It bothers me greatly that their reputation (is) called into question

@AroundTheNFL: Kraft: The New England Patriots have done nothing inappropriate. Tom and Bill are my guys and my family.

@RapSheet: Robert Kraft said the league should apologize to his team if its proven that his team had no wrongdoing. Wow.

The more vehement the denial, the greater the probability of guilt.

It's always that way.

Edited by Stopthepain

Anyone else not understand the "they have lied to me" part? No idea what he's saying there, since he goes on to say he stands behind them wholeheartedly.

i think it was a typo by Lacanfora. All the comments under his tweet ripped him for getting it wrong. Others reported he said they never lied to him. Edited by YoloinOhio

i think it was a typo by Lacanfora. All the comments under his tweet ripped him for getting it wrong. Others reported he said they never lied to him.

This appears to be correct. I just read the quote; the other reports are correct...

You should check out the GQ article on Goddell...It gives a lot of insight on this guy...

The more vehement the denial, the greater the probability of guilt.

It's always that way.

It's not the vehement denial that does people in. It's the constant but changing denials.

When you stand up and say "That's ridiculous," then a day later stand up and say "We didn't do it" (wait, is no longer ridiculous now?), and then stand up and say "I don't know anything about that stuff" (but you knew no one did anything just before...isn't that knowing something?), and THEN say "Okay, now I know a lot about this, and now I can say we absolutely didn't do it" (so the first time you said it you were...what, guessing?) and "We don't even come near the line, much less cross it" (but you've been penalized before for crossing the line?), that's not just vehement denial. It's vehemently stupid denial, trying to find the denial everyone will actually accept.

Dumbest. PR. Ever. They should have just stuck with "That's ridiculous." Going from "It's no big deal" to "I spent three days looking into this, and I actually took off my hoodie to look respectable in front of y'all" has done them more damage than damn near anything else they could do.