Robert Kraft unexpectedly addresses media tonight in AZ

YoloinOhio

Not sure if anyone else heard this yesterday, but I was listening to the Sedano and Stink last night. They had someone on who did some research and found that from 07 through this season the Pats had an avg. of 1 fumble to every 74 plays and the league avg. is 1 fumble per every 45 plays. They chose 07 because that was the year the nfl changed a rule allowing teams to bring their own balls, instead of using the new balls that hadn't been broken in yet. That's one spin on this controversy not many have thought of. I am wondering what the stats for dropped passes look like for them compared to the rest of the league during this period. No wonder their no name receivers catch everything thrown their way. Someone should ask Welker why his #'s have dropped so far since leaving the Pats.

there is at least 2 threads covering this topic

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont even care if the league fines them or punishes them at all at this point. The damage is done to the Pats* legacy. This court of public opinion is far worse than anything the league could do to them anyway. Theyre being ripped to shreds and i personally love it.

The burden of proof is now on the Pats* to prove theyre NOT guilty in my eyes. Greatist of all time? Yeah, whatever. Not even the greatist of their time anymore in my opinion. The great teams of the 80's and 90's would annihilate this Pats* team.

As far as Superbowl 49*, may the best team win.

Edited by mastershake

Why can't people just come out and say, "I regret that I did in fact request a little air pressure removed to improve my grip. It was wrong, and I wish I could take it back. I wasn't fully aware of the rules, but should have been and can assure you it will not happen again."

I would think this option was discussed and immediately dismissed. They would know what the video was going to show. You can't claim you weren't aware of the rules and then sneak the balls into a camera-less bathroom to deflate them. The next best option is deny, deny, deny and hope for the best.

Edited by napmaster

I would think this option was discussed and immediately dismissed. They would know what the video was going to show. You can't claim you weren't aware of the rules and then sneak the balls into a camera-less bathroom to deflate them. The next best option is deny, deny, deny and hope for the best.

I disagree. Always best to be honest once caught, especially for rather trivial matters like this. Simply admit you made a bad decision, that you regret it, and will abide by whatever punitive action the league see's fit. Own it. Say you overly-competitive sometimes and in this case it got the best of you. WTF...everyone agrees it had no effect on the outcome of the game. However, the outcome of his reputation as a person is at stake, and obviously lying like this to the public could cost him big time endorsements and opportunities down the road. In my opinion, this is all on Brady and he should have been a man, taken the heat, and thrown himself upon the mercy of the court of public opinion. The public tends to be very forgiving, provided they're not being lied to.