Dareus to not get extension....yet

BeastMode54

I agree players hate playing under the tag, get him signed before free agency gets to close. I had posted before the season renegotiate while he was in a little bit of trouble they could have gotten the best deal then.

You are assuming Dareus's agent would agree to a contract which would probably be below market value, and much less then he would get in a year or 2. Signing a player early really doesn't save the team money, just makes things smoother. And players/agents aren't stupid, they aren't going to accept a lesser deal if they know a big payday is around the corner.

Just read this on the Bills website. That Dareus will have to play out the last year. I think thinbk this is a stupid idea because there is no competition with other teams in an extension. If we let him play out the deal I dont think we'll be able to compete with other bigger name teams. Any thoughts?

we can compete with any team, this is pre-pegula thinking, weather we try to keep him is another story.

Just read this on the Bills website. That Dareus will have to play out the last year. I think thinbk this is a stupid idea because there is no competition with other teams in an extension. If we let him play out the deal I dont think we'll be able to compete with other bigger name teams. Any thoughts?

Why not?

With Mario's contract hitting red marks, holes at QB & RB and the need to retain Hughes, it makes perfect sense to delay re-upping Dareus until next year. Cromartie & Revis are FAs too, and I;m guessing Bills may be interested in making a run at one of the two.

GG- Do you really think we would spend more on defense? I know Rex is a defensive oriented guy so placing Revis on defense would be even stronger, but wouldn't it make much more sense to build up in free agency and the draft on offense. You know we need a TE, possible WR for the End Zone, QB, and two Guards. We could go after Julius Thomas, Lupati, and so on.

every year. Every team. It's called free agency.

Bill Walsh would have disagreed

Yep

"That 86 draft gave him the nickname ‘Trader Bill’ because he traded all over the place accumulated a ton of draft picks, and selected 7 starters. After that, no team would trade with Bill because they did not want to look foolish."

Edited by ALF

Yep

"That 86 draft gave him the nickname ‘Trader Bill’ because he traded all over the place accumulated a ton of draft picks, and selected 7 starters. After that, no team would trade with Bill because they did not want to look foolish."

yeah, 30 years ago it happened. Does it happen anymore?

GG- Do you really think we would spend more on defense? I know Rex is a defensive oriented guy so placing Revis on defense would be even stronger, but wouldn't it make much more sense to build up in free agency and the draft on offense. You know we need a TE, possible WR for the End Zone, QB, and two Guards. We could go after Julius Thomas, Lupati, and so on.

Why not do both, make our defense stronger if possible and build up the offense. Winning teams do both.

Yep

"That 86 draft gave him the nickname Trader Bill because he traded all over the place accumulated a ton of draft picks, and selected 7 starters. After that, no team would trade with Bill because they did not want to look foolish."

ok. Welcome to the 21st century.