Mario excited to move back to LB under Rex

YoloinOhio

everything I have read is that Lawson will be more, not less, involved with this scheme.

sounds good to me !

since he can play end or lb . i just hope he can do better sealing that darned edge and not get baited to crash inside ; )

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially if they sign Hughes. Rex is going to be like a mad scientist with Kiko, Mario, Hughes in where they line up.

Lots of tools for sure just dont count on Hughes my friend for 2 reasons. 1 too expensive and 2 he isnt a 3-4 linebacker...hes a 4-3 lb and just isn't versatile enough. Of course I would love to eat crown on that.

Lots of tools for sure just dont count on Hughes my friend for 2 reasons. 1 too expensive and 2 he isnt a 3-4 linebacker...hes a 4-3 lb and just isn't versatile enough. Of course I would love to eat crown on that.

I expect them to put that money toward upgrading the offensive personnel. I don't expect him back either.

Lawson was very good setting the edge under pettine. I think he will be fine. Imo it was a mistake to play him as a DE.

well i recall two plays in nearly in a row that screwed us when he jumped inside and lost contain. RB bounced outside the T.

But i am being petty of course. Lawson is very good depth and team guy. Smart too.

When did Hughes become a 4-3 LB?

what? Hughes has been used like a 3-4 olb for the last 3 years and has has been good at it. I have no idea where everyone gets the idea that Hughes can't play olb in a 34. Also he would be horrible as a LB in a 43. Another point is Rex said he builds his schemes to fit his players and has done that in Baltimore and New York so why would he stop now?

well i recall two plays in nearly in a row that screwed us when he jumped inside and lost contain. RB bounced outside the T.

But i am being petty of course. Lawson is very good depth and team guy. Smart too.

Under Gym Shorts while playing as a DE...

Yeah, I was surprised because he was so good setting the edge the year prior. The position switch did not work for him, but he will be useful again under Rex.

Manny Lawson is a pretty good player. Not sure why people don't see that.

Everyone just remembers the 4th down against kc.

seems to me that manny lawson was a very good player in pettine's scheme, which is derived from rex's scheme, therefore he should be primed for a perceived bounceback year. lawson is long and rangy, and can be a real asset for this defense. brains, work ethic and length should be a good combination.

Manny Lawson is a pretty good player. Not sure why people don't see that.

Everyone just remembers the 4th down against kc.

I don't think people don't see that... But IMO it's not a guy I'm worried about. If he's here, good. He was a factor in Pettine's D and expect him to be again - at the very least just adds to our depth. If for some reason he doesn't see the field because we have better talent at the position I'm not really worried about that either.

Could you imagine if we traded him for John Skelton? :)

Dude- let it go. Poor BB has been having to live that one down for what two years (although I did chuckle - sorry BB).

Manny Lawson will be fine for depth in a 3-4, and Hughes will be fine as well in a 3-4. What I don't know is Rex's defense has always played well against the run, but Pettine's has not whether it was the Bills, or the Browns. How does Pettine differ in his 3-4 defense from Rex's style?

I truly don't know of anyone wants to comment. If there is little difference, are going to see our run defense lapse to Pettine's.

Every single player on this defense will be even better than they were this past season. They have not only starters, but 2nd and 3rd stringers with real skill sets that will make the sub-packages deadly. Mario and Bradham on one side with Brown and Hughes on the other, oh, and we got Dareus and K-DUB moving around inside. Every single one can attack their gap, and every single one can at least drop back into short zones and actually cover a passing lane. This defensive roster currently is far better and more experienced than what Pettine had to work with, even with Kiko not being available.

While he may be too expensive Hughes can play in any system...He is just a very good player who I would hate to lose.

Ugh....how we going to get all our "linebackers" on the field? Lets see...put Mario and Hughes on as OUTside LB's, and then.....where do we put Brown, Kiko, Bradham...oh, we sit one of our best assets.....Manny Lawson out? My view, Rex system change hurts our D, despite his reputation...our personnel were better in the 4-3. Just not sure Rex knows how to get off his formula/script....despite his statements he wants to use round pegs in round holes. Color me discouraged as we have gone through this kind of change before, and its always "wait unitl next year until they know the system" This is Bills BS failing at itw worst. Repeated making the same mistake. This will be my last year as a season ticket holder, I can't stand the inept management. (yes, the Sainted Pegula's blew it, bringing in the NY Jets staff)

Bye Felicia!