POLL: NE Cheating - What should be done?

dtgolder

What should the NFL do to NE for cheating?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What SHOULD the NFL do to penalize NE for deflating footballs?

• Nothing
    • Monetary Fine
    • Forfeit of a Draft Choice (or Choices)
    • Both a Fine and Draft Choice(s)
    • Forfeit of the game to Indy (Indy plays in Super Bowl)
    • Other
  2. 2. What do you THINK the NFL will do?

• Nothing
    • Monetary Fine
    • Forfeit of a Draft Choice (or Choices)
    • Both a Fine and Draft Choice(s)
    • Forfeit of the game to Indy (Indy plays in Super Bowl)
    • Other

the NFL won't do ****. They're heavily invested in Brady being the "Dereke Jeter of the NFL"

Hah... I don't know that I'd go that far. Peyton Manning fits the Jeter mold more than Tom Brady. Do you think Bills or Jets fans would cheer him off the field in his final game if it were in either stadium, a la what the Red Sox did in Boston for Jeter?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What should happen?

All players and team personnel crucified every 100 feet for two miles along banks of Charles River

Tom Brady's crucifixion to be upside down

Players & team members wives/girlfriends sold into slavery

Gillette Stadium razed

Earth in and around Foxborough salted

All known references to Patriots franchise destroyed, erased, and eradicated

Bill Belichick removed of clothes and placed in chains to be ceremonially marched through each rival city in AFC EAST while onlookers spit at and degrade him, culminating in ritual strangling on 50 yard line of RWS, opening day, 2015.

OK, not really.

Oh how I kid the Patriots.

I'm not sure the NFL will ever get any evidence to blame a specific person (Brady or Billichek)...this will most likely have to be dealt with as a team thing...so I say a huge fine like 1-5 million with loss of 1st and 2nd rnd draft picks this year...they also need to do a college style penalty as well...Pats* should be banned from division title up thru playoffs and super bowls for 2 - 3 years no matter what their record is at seasons end...

if they can prove Brady had anything to do with it then they should still do above and add 1 year suspension for Brady w/o pay and a fine

Large fine for team. Forfeit 1st and 2nd round picks next 2 years.

Suspend Brady 4 games.

Suspend Belicheat 1 year.

I agree with you punishments of the fine and loss of picks. Make it a large multi-million-dollar fine which repeats for the next 5 years to keep reminding them of the consequences of cheating.

The suspensions should be longer. Brady should be suspended for the Superbowl plus the entire next season. Belichick should receive a minimum of 2 year suspension with serious consideration given to kicking him out of the league permanently. Repeat cheating even after being punished for it once? Come on. Why is this guy allowed in the NFL at all at this point?

Edited by PolishDave

Brady and Belicheck banned from the NFL for five years, and their entire 2015, 16, and 17 draft taken from them, and they'll still probably beat us.

God I hate the Cheatriots.

All kidding aside, they'll get fined and some nominal draft pick(s) taken in 2015.

The one point never brought up was did the NFL examine the Colts balls, and was there a noticeable difference in PSI? I've not heard that point.

Since they're repeat offenders, I think the penalty has to be suitably severe. Suspend Belichick for the 2015 season. Ignorance is no excuse. If a player can be directly linked, they get a four game suspension. The team itself would get a one million dollar fine and the forfeiture of all 2015 draft picks and either a first or second in 2016. They didn't learn their lesson last time, so they apparently need some extra encouragement to learn from this incident.

You should have added suspension for Belichick to your list, though I doubt it will happen. Fine and a draft pick seems to be the standard. Kraft and Goodell will discuss just how much punishment will satisfy the media while not really harming the Pats**

'Forfeit the game' is absurd. There's a better chance of Adrian Peterson being named Father of the Year.

What I think should happen:

Suspend Belicheat indefinitely, effective immediately, and not allow for him to apply for reinstatement until the end of the 2015 league year (March 2016). It doesn’t matter if he knew about it or not, he’s in charge of his team, he should know what’s going on with his team therefore he should pay the price. Just like Sean Payton had to. Since they are repeat offenders, I also think that fines in the millions for both Belicheat and the organization, loss of 1st & 2nd round picks in the 2015 & 2016 drafts and the loss of the 1st round pick in 2017. If they can prove that Brady is responsible for it (which I doubt will be possible) he should also be fined and suspended. They have to make the penalty severe enough to deter other teams from trying to cheat but quite honestly, would all this even enough to do that?

What I think will happen:

Belicheat gets fined about $1 million, the organization is fined $500k and they lose a few draft picks. I would not be surprised if it was a 1st rounder but don’t think it will be. It also wouldn’t surprise me if the Pats* get the assistant to the equipment guy’s assistant to take the fall for it so they can say, we did our own investigation and found that this guy took it upon himself to do it without anyone knowing.

Edited by 3 --> 10 Connection