Rodgers says refs routinely deflate balls before games

Mr. WEO

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12201369/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-upset-referees-take-air-footballs

He calls for a minumum pressure. He says he knows some QBs like them underinflated--particularly those with smaller hands.

"Rodgers credited Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning for lobbying the league to allow game balls to be handled by players before the game. Rodgers said he and the team's equipment staff work together to pick balls they've either practiced with or used in previous games."

"The majority of quarterbacks, I would say more than half, are maybe on the other end of the spectrum and like it on the flatter side,"

Edited by Mr. WEO

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12201369/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-upset-referees-take-air-footballs

Rodgers credited Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning for lobbying the league to allow game balls to be handled by players before the game. Rodgers said he and the team's equipment staff work together to pick balls they've either practiced with or used in previous games.

"The majority of quarterbacks, I would say more than half, are maybe on the other end of the spectrum and like it on the flatter side,"

He calls for a minumum pressure. He says he knows some QBs like them underinflated--particularly those with smaller hands.

"Rodgers credited Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning for lobbying the league to allow game balls to be handled by players before the game. Rodgers said he and the team's equipment staff work together to pick balls they've either practiced with or used in previous games."

He never ever says they go below the regulations though. You're on a roll today with misleading posts. ;)

He never ever says they go below the regulations though. You're on a roll today with misleading posts. ;)

LOL--yeah, you and the others are falling over yourselves reinterpretting what Kim is quoting clearly as saying--and basically calling her a bad interviewer etc.

LOL--yeah, you and the others are falling over yourselves reinterpretting what Kim is quoting clearly as saying--and basically calling her a bad interviewer etc.

Huh...she clearly said they went in with no clear cut #1 choice.

This is clearly saying he wants the ball at a minimum...Morts report says they were all under...

you are being a fool today

Huh...she clearly said they went in with no clear cut #1 choice.

This is clearly saying he wants the ball at a minimum...Morts report says they were all under...

you are being a fool today

Not per that article.

While she says they were being open minded, she says this: "It was a little bit of a surprise, I'm going to admit, because he was not a candidate that we had really on the top of our list as, 'Wow, this is the guy we want. Let's go get him,'" Kim said, via The John Murphy Show.

Have someone read you the article

Not per that article.

While she says they were being open minded, she says this: "It was a little bit of a surprise, I'm going to admit, because he was not a candidate that we had really on the top of our list as, 'Wow, this is the guy we want. Let's go get him,'" Kim said, via The John Murphy Show.

Have someone read you the article

I listened to the whole interview...she was clearly indicating they went into the interview process with no clear cut favorite. They interviewed others first based on restrictions of the NFL and playoff teams.

So i guess not having any preconceived notion of who was #1 choice implies Rex was not...that much is true.

PTR on one end, you on the other...just gets old

I can think of only one way I would be shocked while reading another post where you defend the Patriots and that involves sticking my finger in an outlet.

All sounds completely reasonable.... And why there's a rule against under inflating the ball. There's a range that is permitted; hence, there's zero problem with anyone checking and making sure the balls at the high end of the range are deflated to the low end. That makes sense, and is allowed.

But, clearly, the league decided that you couldn't do what ever you want in the name of fairness. Nothing you quoted here indicates that Rodgers or any other QB cheats and gains that unfair advantage. He's just stating that QBs would like flatter balls because it gives them an edge. Some players/team, however, disregard the rules and do what the want apparently.

I listened to the whole interview...she was clearly indicating they went into the interview process with no clear cut favorite. They interviewed others first based on restrictions of the NFL and playoff teams.

So i guess not having any preconceived notion of who was #1 choice implies Rex was not...that much is true.

PTR on one end, you on the other...just gets old

As long as you only agree with either of them occasionally you atleast know you are in good shape