Aaron Kromer : O Line coach

Reed83HOF

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't this guy a rat in NO, with the "bonuses for hits" scandal?

Don't see where he is a rat for that, but....

"The New Orleans Saints designated offensive line coach Aaron Kromer as the interim head coach for the first six regular-season games, when assistant head coach Joe Vitt will have to serve his suspension in connection with the NFL's bounty investigation."

Noooooooooooo!!!

Crazy how upset I get at this, but wow. Wow. Not happy about this. I don't know anything about the guy, but Chicago's OL was bad. Maybe it was the talent. Maybe it was the coaching. An uninspiring hire IMO.

Noooooooooooo!!!

Crazy how upset I get at this, but wow. Wow. Not happy about this. I don't know anything about the guy, but Chicago's OL was bad. Maybe it was the talent. Maybe it was the coaching. An uninspiring hire IMO.

You don't know anything about him, so maybe getting immediately upset about the hire is probably a bit premature and greatly overreacting. I'm guessing the person that hired him might know something about him. Let him at least show up for work before you criticize.

Don't like this hire at all. What happened with Solari?

Please tell me why this isn't a good hire, why Roman is making a mistake in evaluating this coach.

Sounds like we have a winner: "Kromer was hired by the New Orleans Saints in 2008 as the running backs coach, before becoming the offensive line coach the following season. Under his tenure as OL coach, the Saints sent five players to a combined nine Pro Bowls, and tied for the fewest sacks in the league with 96.[5] Under Kromer, the Saints line twice won the Madden Most Valuable Protectors Award as the best offensive line in the league (in 2009 and 2011).[6] Kromer filled in as the Saints' interim head coach for the first six games of the 2012 NFL season as Joe Vitt served his six-game suspension.[7]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Kromer

FWIW, according to PFF metrics, the Chicago OL graded out as 5th best in run blocking in 2013 and 6th best in 2014. The pass blocking graded out at 29th in 2013 and 19th in 2014. Overall, their offense graded out 8th in 2013 and 18th in 2014.

You don't know anything about him, so maybe getting immediately upset about the hire is probably a bit premature and greatly overreacting. I'm guessing the person that hired him might know something about him. Let him at least show up for work before you criticize.

Please tell me why this isn't a good hire, why Roman is making a mistake in evaluating this coach.

Thanks for the advice