Marrone interviewing in Denver

YoloinOhio

From the annals of "How not to find a new job."

Is he really that stuck on himself that he thinks he can cancel a job interview, and the job will wait for him? That's unreal. We joke occasionally about some people on the board being narcissists, but I think Marrone might be a true clinical case.

What do you mean we joke?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Denver Broncos have just been notified that Doug Marrone is canceling his interview on Saturday according to an NFL source. No word on why he cancelled.

He and Sexton had to realize that there was no shot of him getting the job -- especially if he is competing against Kubiak.

My sources who prefer to remain anonymous are saying that Maroon has been mentioned as a possible HC candidate for the " Coastal Destroyers" in Panama city, Florida. A Semi-Pro league. While a step down from the NFL Doug is in line for a $50 per game pay check. Including a $100 buyout clause if the team is sold.

best of luck Doug!

I never thought Marrone was stupid, but cancelling a job interview when you have a "chance" of wowing the FO before the lead candidate gets interviewed is pretty stupid.

I believe it was Denver who cancelled the interview - not Dookie Maroon.

Hah! I stand corrected! What a maroon! :w00t:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/16/report-doug-marrone-cancels-interview-with-broncos/

Edited by Nanker

I'm speechless. Even if he's not the frontrunner, why not go ahead with the interview? The worst thing that could happen is that he is wined and dined and has a nice conversation with the Broncos brass. And no, I don't think there is any downside to being passed over again. Just remaining in the conversation is what's important. I just don't get it -- why not give it your best shot and do your best to wow them and change their pre-conceived preferences? This is really Doug Marrone in a nutshell.

The few things I read said it was Marrone that cancelled.

Saw that and corrected my error.

Wonder if Dookie ever went back to correct and error.

Oh, sorry Maroon NEVER made an error. :lol:

Wow. This guy is a complete joke. Buffalo Bills fans worldwide are truly blessed he opted out.

What a quitter. Even if Kubiak is a shoe in for the job, any self respecting man would at least go and give his best and hopefully turn the tables in his favor.

Again, Marrone is a damn joke.

+1

What an azz!

good lord Marrone totally blew up his career.....

You can blame the agent but I've always said the agent lined up a job for St. Doug and Marrone blew it by acting totally classless on his way out here.

How hard would it be to opt out, release a statement thanking everyone (even if Marrone hated everyone just pretend... it's a WRITTEN statement!), and focus on the positive going forward?

Marrone acted like a jilted lover