Rex interested in Bill Callahan? (Update)hired in Washington

YoloinOhio

He has a higher rank then that with the Cowboys as he is their run game coordinator. I suspect he will need a better title, perhaps say assistant HC along with run game coordinator to pull him away from Dallas.

His contract is up; he can leave for whatever position he wants.

Yes, please.

I have a feeling that Pegula has said to Whaley, Overdorf, and Brandon, "Look, don't screw us on the future cap with outrageous spending, but we've been making 30$ mil or so profit a year. I don't necessarily want to lose money in any calendar year in a league that prints it, but if you need to take a mil or two out of petty cash to pay a little extra for a good offensive line coach, just do it and leave a note in the box."

Which is why I would pay Callahan whatever he wants. Make the offer so ridiculous he'd be foolish to walk away. He'd be worth every penny to a guy with Terry's bank roll.

Precisely. Which is why I said...

I have a feeling that Pegula has said to Whaley, Overdorf, and Brandon, "Look, don't screw us on the future cap with outrageous spending, but we've been making 30$ mil or so profit a year. I don't necessarily want to lose money in any calendar year in a league that prints it, but if you need to take a mil or two out of petty cash to pay a little extra for a good offensive line coach, just do it and leave a note in the box."