AFC Divisional playoff 2: Colts at Broncos 4:40pm est

YoloinOhio

Manning is my favorite all-time player (non Bills)

So this sucks

Yes me too.

Yet fing Brady just gets better and better every year

Montana, Marino, Aikman... All had these games.

Brady older than they were but still incredible and not slowing down

Edited by TheFunPolice

Congrats to Peyton Gump
AKA Big Game Chump AKA Mr. One-and-Done AKA Greatest Regular Season QB of All-Time

Playoff Record as Starting QB: 11-13 45.8%
Playoff One-and-Done's as Starting QB: 9 (breaking his own record of 8) :thumbsup:
Playoff Comebacks: 1
Playoff Game-Winning Drives: 1

:D

Rico, right on cue! :lol:

Manning has looked very ordinary the second half of this season. He'll probably come back, but if he doesn't I won't be surprised. He seems to have hit the wall.

Manning will always be known as a playoff choker

Looks like New England* fans can celebrate yet again.

Its good to see something for them to be happy about.

I think Indy has a better shot to win in NE than Denver. But I fully expect to be rooting for Seattle in the Super Bowl.

Manning looks shot. Age finally caught up to him. Happens to the best of the best. Montana & Kelly were done at 36. Marino & Young 38. Elway knew when to walk away. He was 38. Favre was an exception. He played until 41 and probably stayed 2 years too long. Manning will be 39 in March.

Manning looks shot. Age finally caught up to him. Happens to the best of the best. Montana & Kelly were done at 36. Marino & Young 38. Elway knew when to walk away. He was 38. Favre was an exception. He played until 41 and probably stayed 2 years too long. Manning will be 39 in March.

how about welker? hes a waste of a roster spot now. NE really knew what they were doing dumping that guy

You know what the crazy part of this is?

Peyton could easily find himself on the outside looking in next year, if he really wants to try and play another year.

And then he could, in theory, become a Buffalo Bill.

He is beyond shot in my opinion and a shadow of his former self.

Is that shadow better than EJ? Almost certainly. It's an interesting thought, if only a thought.

Congrats to Peyton Gump

AKA Big Game Chump AKA Mr. One-and-Done AKA Greatest Regular Season QB of All-Time

Playoff Record as Starting QB: 11-13 45.8%

Playoff One-and-Done's as Starting QB: 9 (breaking his own record of 8) :thumbsup:

Playoff Comebacks: 1

Playoff Game-Winning Drives: 1

:D

Waiting for this! :)

Manning looked horrible...

That said, neither team looked like it had any chance of going to Gillette next week and beating the Pats based on today's game

Honestly didn't think he looked that bad. Threw a beauty on the first TD to Thomas. Sanders failed to catch up with some of the deep throws, and then Thomas got the drops. Worst of all was welker, who's a complete non factor.

Honestly didn't think he looked that bad. Threw a beauty on the first TD to Thomas. Sanders failed to catch up with some of the deep throws, and then Thomas got the drops. Worst of all was welker, who's a complete non factor.

I think he looked terrible and I am not even evaluating him based on his earlier work. He was flat out inaccurate, throwing wobblers and in general looked old and tired. I couldn't see his typical passion and competitive spirit. IMHO, he will announce his retirement in the next few days.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

I think he looked terrible and I am not even evaluating him based on his earlier work. He was flat out inaccurate, throwing wobblers and in general looked old and tired. I couldn't see his typical passion and competitive spirit. IMHO, he will announce his retirement in the next few days.

He may very well announce his retirement, and that will be that.

But I think your assessment of his performance today is off. He looked like you describe some of the time. At other times he perfectly dropped in perfectly placed passes on 20 yard throws.

He's nothing close to what he used to be, make no mistake, but he is not Kyle Orton garbage level bad in my opinion.

But Peyton's standards were never anything close to Kyle's. He may well want to hang 'em up...

Then again, he may well want to prove something one more time. I don't know. I hope he hits the market. Would make things interesting, at least for a while.

He may very well announce his retirement, and that will be that.

But I think your assessment of his performance today is off. He looked like you describe some of the time. At other times he perfectly dropped in perfectly placed passes on 20 yard throws.

He's nothing close to what he used to be, make no mistake, but he is not Kyle Orton garbage level bad in my opinion.

But Peyton's standards were never anything close to Kyle's. He may well want to hang 'em up...

Then again, he may well want to prove something one more time. I don't know. I hope he hits the market. Would make things interesting, at least for a while.

Knowing the stat lover that Peyton is I could see him coming back to pad his #'s. But, he'll have to pick a dome team and then conspire with the league to ensure that none of the away games he might play in, against cold weather teams, take place in Dec/Jan.

JTSP, on 11 Jan 2015 - 8:09 PM, said:snapback.png

I'm kind of in between these two opinions. Manning started fine, actually really sharp. Then Indy adjusted and started taking away the short crossing routes. Manning tried to go deep a few times -- overthrew Sanders on one I thought Sanders would catch up to, then missed badly on a few others. By then it was colder and Manning was feeling the rush, a deadly combination. What surprised me was that Manning, Gase & Co.had no solution at all for Indy taking away the short routes; after all, this is exactly how Seattle shut them down in the Super Bowl. Glad we missed out on that Gase as head coach thing.

I'm kind of in between these two opinions. Manning started fine, actually really sharp. Then Indy adjusted and started taking away the short crossing routes. Manning tried to go deep a few times -- overthrew Sanders on one I thought Sanders would catch up to, then missed badly on a few others. By then it was colder and Manning was feeling the rush, a deadly combination. What surprised me was that Manning, Gase & Co.had no solution at all for Indy taking away the short routes; after all, this is exactly how Seattle shut them down in the Super Bowl. Glad we missed out on that Gase as head coach thing.

Outside of sitting Manning down for Orstwhatever what was Gase to do? His QB couldn't hit the broad side of a barn on his outside or downfield passes.

one thing no denying is that Luck was clearly the better passer