Schwartz may remain DC...

YoloinOhio

Hmmmm. Not sure I want Rex calling plays. This goes back to my "are you the Head Coach or are you the Defensive Coordinator in Chief?" He was the latter in New York. If he repeats that approach he will fail in Buffalo. Be the Head Coach. Get the right coordinators and trust them.

He took the Jets to 2 AFC championship games... He just needs the right OC and it seemed he finally got to pick his own.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He took the Jets to 2 AFC championship games... He just needs the right OC and it seemed he finally got to pick his own.

And then went 8-8, 6-10, 8-8, 4-12 and that was in small part because of his failure to be the Head Football Coach. He wanted be the Defensive Coordinator in Chief. A Head Coach has to set the direction for the whole organisation. I worry if Rex is spending too much time game planning his precious defense he will repeat the same mistake. Let Thurman call the plays for heavens sake. Edited by GunnerBill

And then went 8-8, 6-10, 8-8, 4-12 and that was in small part because of his failure to be the Head Football Coach. He wanted be the Defensive Coordinator in Chief. A Head Coach has to set the direction for the whole organisation. I worry if Rex is spending too much time game planning his precious defense he will repeat the same mistake. Let Thurman call the plays for heavens sake.

I think the last few years he has gone away from what had made him great before. I think Pettine called the defensive plays the last couple years he was there. Thurman called the defensive signals last year.

Maybe he is best when he does what Rex does and lets his OC do what he does best.

I am already missing Jim.

Knew it couldn't work , but he got the job done last year.

losing Schwartz is something i am concerned about.

Like the Roman hire, but keeping Jim would have been sweet.

Too much testosterone in one room ?

Edited by 3rdand12

I am not having buyers remorse - these were all reasons I wasn't convinced he was the right guy. We will have a good defense I have no doubt. We already do and we will have one of if not the best defensive mind in the NFL leading it. I don't like my Head Coaches play calling. I do not believe it is the job of a Head Football Coach in the NFL there are so many other things going on down there. I don't think for example that it is any coincidence that Jason Garrett looks a better coach now he is no longer calling plays.

I bet we sign David Harris and let Spikes walk. I always liked Harris. Although I really would not be surprised if Rex stayed somewhat with the same defense we have, and it's more of a 4-3 with Kiko, Brown and Bradham at the LB.

I've wanted Harris on the Bills since he was in the draft. Love him.

I think the last few years he has gone away from what had made him great before. I think Pettine called the defensive plays the last couple years he was there. Thurman called the defensive signals last year.

Maybe he is best when he does what Rex does and lets his OC do what he does best.

Pettine called plays for 1 year and even then Rex called 3rd down plays. Thurman did not call plays.

I freakin' hate this. This is one one of the reasons why hiring Ryan was a bad idea. The Bills need help on offense and the first thing that happens is they lose the DC who brought them the best defense in the last decade. For what? A "Big Name" coach who hasn't won in four years.

Until I see otherwise, hiring Ryan was a terrible decision. I hate this musical chairs administration. No continuity. It makes me sick.

The Pegulas dazzled by Ryan's fame and the spotlight it brings. Idiocy.

Edited by Dr. K

I am already missing Jim.

Knew it couldn't work , but he got the job done last year.

losing Schwartz is something i am concerned about.

Like the Roman hire, but keeping Jim would have been sweet.

Too much testosterone in one room ?

Funny people went doom and gloom over Pettine. This is just another upgrade.

I freakin' hate this. This is one one of the reasons why hiring Ryan was a bad idea. The Bills need help on offense and the first thing that happens is they lose the DC who brought them the best defense in the last decade. For what? A "Big Name" coach who hasn't won in four years.

Until I see otherwise, hiring Ryan was a terrible decision. I hate this musical chairs administration. No continuity. It makes me sick.

The Pegulas dazzled by Ryan's fame and the spotlight it brings. Idiocy.

You act like they fired Marrone heh get your facts straight. Rex will make this a better defense then Schwartz.

@viccarucci: Seems unlikely DC Jim Schwartz will remain w #Bills, despite Rex Ryan offering him chance to stay. Schwartz probably gone by tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that. I loved Schwartz's scheme relative to the boom-bust, "looks great when he guesses right, gives up big plays when wrong" style that Rex favors...

Pettine called plays for 1 year and even then Rex called 3rd down plays. Thurman did not call plays.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/david-harris-play-on-field-jets-defensive-coordinator-fast-packers-article-1.1937201

When I read that I assumed he called the plays. I saw at the beginning of the season Ryan said he would call the plays. I wonder if that changed or whether Ryan relayed them to Thurman who then called them in, that seems like a waste.

Edited by Kelly the Dog