Browns part ways with Kyle Shanahan

YoloinOhio

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's nice... What did he really do in Cleveland?

I think a pretty decent argument could be made for the Browns having the least offensive talent in the league. Thomas, Mack and Bitonio are nice pieces, but Gordon & Cameron missed a lot of time and though Crowell and Hawkins are decent bit players there's not much else to speak of there.

He made a not great but halfway decent chicken salad out of total chicken schitt. Which in some ways was remarkable.

OK so he did absolutely nothing. Especially against the Bills.

I will take Hoyer but that is about it.

Edited by Beef Jerky

OK so he did absolutely nothing. Especially against the Bills.

I will take Hoyer but that is about it.

That's the opposite of nothing. He had terrible QB, decent at best RB, terrible WR, a hurt TE most of the season, and a few good linemen. The fact he made them pretty good was great coaching under any circumstances.

He is interviewing with us today and yes I definitely think he is being considered for OC more so than HC.

The new HC should pick his staff.

after 1 year in Cleveland he quits?

not very committed is he?

Is it his decision or has he been asked to leave?

Edited by Catch it Sammy

That's the opposite of nothing. He had terrible QB, decent at best RB, terrible WR, a hurt TE most of the season, and a few good linemen. The fact he made them pretty good was great coaching under any circumstances.

18.7 ppg... No thanks even Hackett being C-Blocked by Marrone put up more then that. Hackett didn't have O-Line, RBs, QBs either.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Had their offense hovering around top-10 through week 14...then the wheels fell off.

The 3 or 4 games before that opposing defenses started keying on Hoyer's tendencies to neutralize the passing game too. That's the one thing I can fault him and QB coach for not coming up with a solution to. But the offense was diverse and well executed by the players. I was really impressed with the job Shanahan did with it, because you could really see how he had a plan of attack.

He made a not great but halfway decent chicken salad out of total chicken schitt. Which in some ways was remarkable.

Agreed. He had virtually nothing to work with and with Pettine being a defensive guy who admitted he never worked with the offense, it was all him.

3rd string caliber starter in Hoyer

Rookie with limitations to begin with who admitted he didn't prepare hard in manziel

Pro bowl center to IR halfway thru season

All pro WR out all but maybe 4 games

Pro bowl TE out most of year

Rookie RBs who couldn't block - they cut his vet RB halfway thru the season because he asked about his playing time

No WRs drafted in the deepest WR draft of all time - stuck with Miles Austin, Andrew Hawkins and rookie UDFAs

I'm not banging the table for him but I think he did a good job

And the more I think about it, while I think he'll help EJ tremendously, I'd be more excited to see what he'd do with Watkins. And, yes, Spiller.

I was on the Clevland Browns message board after one of the Manziel losses and it was the ugliest most profane thing ive ever read on the internets.

Edited by mastershake