Head Coach Candidate: Jerry Sullivan

major

Haha, in a crazy way, I'd love to see this. But sports "journalists" is the easiest job in the world. You don't need any real skill, can take shots at dudes who can break you in 2, and never have to apologize for it.

Plus, who wants to leave a thriving industry like newspapers anyways?

Good call. A man who really researches and puts a lot of thought into his work before he puts it into words and print. For example, Sully wrote an article mid season after one of Orton's better games suggesting the Bills give him a multi year extension. 3 or 4 weeks later he writes an article completely contradicting himself saying Orton is not the answer. Really Sully... did Orton all the sudden become a bad quarterback in just 3 or 4 weeks? He writes dumb knee jerk articles like that all the time and then contradicts himself later on a regular basis.

He seems to always have the answers to our questions/concerns; therefore, let's give him two years and see how the program turns out. If he fails, he loses his job at the News.

He is more qualified to become GM/HC of Jets so he can also continue his column on Bills as opposing press.

Haha, in a crazy way, I'd love to see this. But sports "journalists" is the easiest job in the world. You don't need any real skill, can take shots at dudes who can break you in 2, and never have to apologize for it.

Plus, who wants to leave a thriving industry like newspapers anyways?

I agree if you're talking about a columnist, like Sullivan, but I have to say being a beat reporter is a miserable, depressing, thankless, lonely and oftentimes difficult job. It's like having to watch the same TV show 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The News is owned by Warren Buffett, it's in good shape, and I assume Sullivan has a job for life because people are always talking about him.

Edited by GOBILLS78

He seems to always have the answers to our questions/concerns; therefore, let's give him two years and see how the program turns out. If he fails, he loses his job at the News.

Watching Jerry jerk the chains of the floppy eared basset hounds on this board is f*cking priceless. May he never quit or be fired. :lol:

My sides hurt from lmaooooo at the thought of it :lol:

The job pays millions of dollars. I wouldn't want to reward him.

He can't tell a story worth a crap, that is what bothers me, more than his dubious stances. He just gives opinions (usually whatever will generate either the most controversy, or something he thinks will align him with the shmuckiest "Buffalo guy" at the end of the bar. What he doesn't do is capture the essence of what is going on with the team, or of an event. That's was what Larry Felser, and the great sportswriters do, give some historical context to a story.