Snoop Dogg paid his son $2K to play football when 6 years ol

As many here know, Snoop Dogg's son Cordell Broadus is a pretty good WR. Apparently he did not want to play football when he was 6 years old so Snoop gave him $2K to play. I know several parents who give cash incentives to their kids for achievements in sports like TD's or Home Runs. What do you think of this practice?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2320843-snoop-dogg-paid-his-son-how-much-to-play-football

Family money spent on family fun.

That is how I look at it too. Snoop was going to give his kid the money anyway, might as well use it to reward behavior you are trying to encourage. A friend of mine has recently offered his 11 year old son, who needs to drop some weight, $5 per pound lost, or $500 to lose 20 pounds. Shouldn't have to bribe our kids to do the right thing, but I can see why people do it.

As many here know, Snoop Dogg's son Cordell Broadus is a pretty good WR. Apparently he did not want to play football when he was 6 years old so Snoop gave him $2K to play. I know several parents who give cash incentives to their kids for achievements in sports like TD's or Home Runs. What do you think of this practice?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2320843-snoop-dogg-paid-his-son-how-much-to-play-football

To each his/her own I say, but unless the young person at such a tender age doesn't have his heart into I say don't waste his/her time, nor your money. Sometimes as adults we just have to stop living our own dreams through innocent children.

That is how I look at it too. Snoop was going to give his kid the money anyway, might as well use it to reward behavior you are trying to encourage. A friend of mine has recently offered his 11 year old son, who needs to drop some weight, $5 per pound lost, or $500 to lose 20 pounds. Shouldn't have to bribe our kids to do the right thing, but I can see why people do it.

Because they suck as parents?

He was teaching his son not to work for free. Anyone who goes into any art, music, or writing related career needs to learn that lesson. If you don't, everyone will try to get you to work for "exposure".

Edited by Fingon

He was teaching his son not to work for free. Anyone who goes into any art, music, or writing related career needs to learn that lesson. If you don't, everyone will try to get you to work for "exposure".

That's a good point. Plus the article didn't mention that Snoop Dogg was charging his son $275 a month for room and board without utilities.

Snoop's son can play too!! He isn't just a famous person's kid that is getting a shot. He played in the UA All-American game last weekend and is the 123 recruit in the country (12th WR I believe). They compared him to Michael Thomas at OSU (Keyshawn's nephew). Snoop's son has narrowed it down to UCLA, ASU and Arizona I think that I saw.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Paying college players is coming up so might as well start em young