Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

Okay, just because you and I think our gun rights shouldn't be touched doesn't mean that Congress can't pass gun control laws because they have before. So when the left pushes for more stringent gun control laws the day after a mass shooting and the right pushes for more stringent immigration laws and vetting the day after an Islam motivated terrorist attack, I consider both sides hypocrites for saying it's too early for the other side to push their agenda.

My point isn't that gun control measures can't be passed, my point is that the pro-2A folks have the high ground there. It's in the Constitution. Republicans may be hypocrites about it, because they don't give a **** about the 2nd, but those of us who refuse to compromise on it aren't hypocrites.

said the Tibs, "ha ha ho ho sucks to be terrorized when you deserve it, right?"

I like how all the people in NYC came out afterwards and celebrated Halloween that same very night. Terror? Ya, play it up for all the political capital you can Trumpkins. You guys just want to use this for politics. Might as well piss on their graves

I like how all the people in NYC came out afterwards and celebrated Halloween that same very night. Terror? Ya, play it up for all the political capital you can Trumpkins. You guys just want to use this for politics. Might as well piss on their graves

Not even a hint of irony. Brilliant.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-egypt-security/militants-kill-184-in-attack-on-mosque-in-egypts-north-sinai-state-media-idUSKBN1DO1AN

CAIRO (Reuters) - Militants killed 184 people at a mosque in Egypt’s north Sinai region on Friday, detonating a bomb and shooting at fleeing worshippers and ambulances, state media and witnesses said.

It was one of the deadliest attacks in the region’s Islamist insurgency. No group claimed immediate responsibility, but since 2014 Egyptian security forces have battled a stubborn Islamic State affiliate in the north of the mainly desert Sinai, where militants have killed hundreds of police and soldiers.

CAIRO (Reuters) - Militants killed 184 people at a mosque in Egypt’s north Sinai region on Friday, detonating a bomb and shooting at fleeing worshippers and ambulances, state media and witnesses said.

It was one of the deadliest attacks in the region’s Islamist insurgency. No group claimed immediate responsibility, but since 2014 Egyptian security forces have battled a stubborn Islamic State affiliate in the north of the mainly desert Sinai, where militants have killed hundreds of police and soldiers.

Horrible.

8z9FImcv_normal.png The Associated Press

@AP

BREAKING: Egyptian state news agency says death toll in Sinai mosque attack rises to 235, with 130 wounded.

The choice of targets signals a shift in strategy for the Sinai affiliate, which had mainly focused its attacks on Egypt’s security services:

According to reports, the terrorists coordinated the attack on off-road vehicles, first bombing the mosque and then shooting the survivors. From these early reports, it was not a suicide attack or an ad-hoc extemporaneous choice. ISIS targeted this mosque and then plotted to kill as many of the people within it as possible.

Why target a Sufi mosque? Sufis are generally less temporal in their practice of Islam, and less political. In the last century, the Sufi practice has been eclipsed and marginalized by the emergence of Salafism and Wahhabism, strains which have produced ISIS and other terrorist groups. ISIS wouldn’t find many recruits among the Sufis, but presumably not too many existential threats either. The only rational motive would be to ensure that ISIS has no competitors in the practice of Islam within its territory so that it can impose its own insanity on Sinai residents.

kUuht00m_normal.jpg Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Horrible and cowardly terrorist attack on innocent and defenseless worshipers in Egypt. The world cannot tolerate terrorism, we must defeat them militarily and discredit the extremist ideology that forms the basis of their existence!