Carucci's update on coaching search

YoloinOhio

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think about the deep fades out of bounds EJ would throw when he was in there -- he was probably coached to do this!

"Look, EJ, if the guy isn't wide open, you throw it where nobody can get it. We don't want a pick."

yes, the opportunity created by Doug not playing Mike Williams. I am pleased with Hogan though.

Yeah I'm a Hogan fan too. Never understood the hate he got. He blows Rogers' career out of the water now.

But when you struggle in the redzone and don't play a proven redzone threat, very questionable. Was Williams' last catch a 80 yard td?

I think Marrone was undermining Whaley all year. He wouldn't play Urbik even though his G selections stunk to high heaven. He wouldn't bring EJ back once the playoffs were lost for no reason. Marrone would screw a player to make Whaley look bad. He thought he was Saint Doug in fact he was a$$hole Doug.

i would be very interested to see what nathaniel hackett would do if left to his own devises. the guy speaks with energy and enthusiasm and his players seem to have a really high opinion of him. and the general opinion of him has been that he has a good understanding of the game and has innovative ideas. the million dollar question is whether or not that was his vision of the offense or coach marrone's. seemingly it was the latter, but who knows.

Well, there's what's said in public and there's what's said behind closed doors, too.

I have no doubt that Hackett had some shackles on this year, for various reasons, but I am still not sure he has the combo of experience and innovation that we're looking for.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Marrone may be one of the worst head coaches the Bills have ever had

CBF

As much as I defended him, I think that you are on to something here. Plus, he proved to be a piece of s*#t.

It is interesting to read this and the other Marrone related threads. Now all of the problems with the Bills ... Manuel sucking, Spiller sucking, the offense in general sucking and so on ... are now suddenly all the fault of Doug Marrone. Like a giant secret was just revealed. Somehow he must be responsible for OJ's legal problems as well I imagine ;)

I know this is a Bills homer board and a lot of fans feel like Marrone just stood them up for the prom and that's where most of the venom is coming from, but it interesting nonetheless :)

As much as I defended him, I think that you are on to something here. Plus, he proved to be a piece of s*#t.

Also, just imagine how our team would look if we had, say.....Wanny as our DC

Schwartz saved the Bills ass this year

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

I like this point. EJ is probably never going to be a 70% passer. But why not run the ball and use play action to throw deep? Watkins is a deep threat.

Flacco is not a great QB. But he makes big plays. Why can't we develop EJ in the same mold? Too many good things happen when you throw the ball down thefield. NFL coaches are wimps.

Yes. Use play action from behind center, roll him out at least 5 times/game.

It is interesting to read this and the other Marrone related threads. Now all of the problems with the Bills ... Manuel sucking, Spiller sucking, the offense in general sucking and so on ... are now suddenly all the fault of Doug Marrone. Like a giant secret was just revealed. Somehow he must be responsible for OJ's legal problems as well I imagine ;)

I know this is a Bills homer board and a lot of fans feel like Marrone just stood them up for the prom and that's where most of the venom is coming from, but it interesting nonetheless :)

The premise of your post is interesting. On the other hand, I would not exactly call this a Bills homer board. We have many aspiring Sullys and Buckys on this board (In fact, I am convinced that one or more posters is/are Bucky and/or Sully trying to drive their narrative).

I think about the deep fades out of bounds EJ would throw when he was in there -- he was probably coached to do this!

"Look, EJ, if the guy isn't wide open, you throw it where nobody can get it. We don't want a pick."

The deep fade is my least favorite pass, and yet we threw it all the time. I don't understand the appeal. It's really difficult to place correctly, and requires the WR to beat out skilled CBs, while not getting pushed out of bounds? Seems inefficient.

We have many aspiring Sullys and Buckys on this board (In fact, I am convinced that one or more posters is/are Bucky and/or Sully trying to drive their narrative).

Yeah, TSW is the "go to" source for column fodder, so they're undoubtedly here. More than likely in my Ignore User list, just like in my Snooze reading habits...

The deep fade is my least favorite pass, and yet we threw it all the time. I don't understand the appeal. It's really difficult to place correctly, and requires the WR to beat out skilled CBs, while not getting pushed out of bounds? Seems inefficient.

Yes, further proof that they weren't good enough coaches to utilize high percentage plays based on the personnel on the field.