Fred Jackson discusses Marrone vs. Hackett

5 Wide

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone ask Joe B or Rodak or whoever was there, what was so bad about EJ and the offense over the summer and during preseason games that led either them or the coaches to think being more aggressive or complex should be the way to go?

First these clowns wanted EJ benched......replaced by a retired QB....but more complex was the way to go?

I can't anymore with this crap.

Get Marrone back. Fire everyone else but Schwartz.

Uhm, the simplified offense made sense with a 2nd year project QB. Not so much with a 10 year vet on his 6th team.

And the magical instant bond he'll have with our receivers?

Funny how his magical instant bond with the receivers regressed over the season. Why was that?

I could have sworn that I read everyone's praise of Orton's work ethic and how he commanded the receiving corps. There were also innuendos that a big reason that Big Mike was tossed from the team was lack of chemistry with Orton.

So which argument will you choose now?

Funny how his magical instant bond with the receivers regressed over the season. Why was that?

I could have sworn that I read everyone's praise of Orton's work ethic and how he commanded the receiving corps. There were also innuendos that a big reason that Big Mike was tossed from the team was lack of chemistry with Orton.

So which argument will you choose now?

Not my point. I'm not defending Orton

Then exactly who are you defending in not changing up the offense at all when they put in a 10-year vet behind the center and sat two quality WRs on the bench?

Fred Jackson for head coach!...how can you be a Bills fan and not love this guy?

I think Fred functions as assistant Head Coach now.

Seems totally possible he pursues a coaching position after he retires.

**** if he could have just taught CJ Spiller to fall forward for 3 yards after contact like he does he could have already earned a spot.

Well there's 4 mins of my life I won't get back...what a horrible video

Funny that Fred went there though...can already see the signs and chants when Marrone comes to the Ralph

Edited by Max997

Then exactly who are you defending in not changing up the offense at all when they put in a 10-year vet behind the center and sat two quality WRs on the bench?

Apparently he did change things! He coached to what he had on O (no QB and a bad oline) in order to complement having the great D he had nothing to do with.

That's exactly what you want a coach to do. Not think he's playing Madden like the talking heads of WGR think u can do.

Pittsburgh loses a running back and the whole O went to crap.

Arizona led by the QB whisperer barely puts up 80 yards total vs the panthers.

Geniuses.

The word is he didn't even do that. Bills players said they did not receive a text directly from him. He texted a guy in the personnel dept. and told that guy to fwd to team.

Now that is just wrong. I can understand mass texting everyone something like "Hey, guys. I just resigned. Sorry for the text, but I wanted you to find out from me before it hit the media. Call me with any questions."

But having someone else do it on your behalf is just cowardly.

Apparently he did change things! He coached to what he had on O (no QB and a bad oline) in order to complement having the great D he had nothing to do with.

That's exactly what you want a coach to do. Not think he's playing Madden like the talking heads of WGR think u can do.

Pittsburgh loses a running back and the whole O went to crap.

Arizona led by the QB whisperer barely puts up 80 yards total vs the panthers.

Geniuses.

Pittsburgh was down to its 3rd string RB, because Tomlin wanted to teach his back up a lesson. How did that work out? Sound familiar with a coach insisting on teaching a lesson to a player, at a team's expense. Tomlin is lucky that Big Ben is as durable as he is, otherwise, he'd be toast too.

Cardinals were down to their 3rd string QB and still qualified for playoffs in the toughest division in the league. How would Marrone & Co. do with Tuel at the helm?

One of these is not like the other.

The whole point of inserting Orton in there was to get an NFL caliber QB on the field. So why continue to run a high school offense?

Unless your ultimate goal is to show off the GM and win a power struggle at the end of the season, especially knowing that he had an out clause that would keep him whole financially through 2015.

You are right, he knew exactly what he was doing. Which was to submarine the 2014 season.

What two quality WRs were on the bench?

That would be the one guy with more catches and TDs than the rest of the WRs combined and the other one who's the fastest on teh team, and at least demands deep attention.

Now that is just wrong. I can understand mass texting everyone something like "Hey, guys. I just resigned. Sorry for the text, but I wanted you to find out from me before it hit the media. Call me with any questions."

But having someone else do it on your behalf is just cowardly.

and it was after it hit the media as well, reportedly