What a circus!

finn

I dont know what type of demands Marrone made, but not figuring out a way to make both sides happy and come to a compromise seems like a very pig-headed move. If this is really over an extension, then the Bills screwed up. How do you let your first winning coach walk over a couple million dollars, when you are going to end up paying someone else even more and have to start over.

When Brandon and Co. preached continuity to us, they werent wrong. It is a major ingredient to the historically winning teams.

Now we're going to end up paying some coach $4-6mil/year, while still paying Marrone $4mil. That'll be $10mil invested in the HC spot this year and we're going to end up with someone like Gase??? Wonderful.

They shouldve just got it done with Doug and kept the ball rolling nicely.

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/consistencydemotivator.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know what type of demands Marrone made, but not figuring out a way to make both sides happy and come to a compromise seems like a very pig-headed move. If this is really over an extension, then the Bills screwed up. How do you let your first winning coach walk over a couple million dollars, when you are going to end up paying someone else even more and have to start over.

When Brandon and Co. preached continuity to us, they werent wrong. It is a major ingredient to the historically winning teams.

Now we're going to end up paying some coach $4-6mil/year, while still paying Marrone $4mil. That'll be $10mil invested in the HC spot this year and we're going to end up with someone like Gase??? Wonderful.

They shouldve just got it done with Doug and kept the ball rolling nicely.

And what if things were as reported and Marrone was pushing for an extension for his staff(Hackett) as well? Regardless of Marrone getting us to a winning season, there were still serious questions about his abilities. The D got us those 9 wins.....and could have likely done it with most HCs.

Had management buckled to his demands we could have seen Marrone/Hackett owed money for the next 4-6 years.....and found we wanted to replace them next year. That is an awful lot more wasted money than Marrone's bonus $4M.

Edited by Dibs

But what if it's that Buddy hooks up with Kim? Then we would have a real soap opera...

If that happened it would probably kill Buddy. But, he would think garndonit was worth it!

Overdorf says Jerry Hughes doesn't fit the budget. :nana:

Even though I know you are kidding, I just want to say it...........Overdorf is a "no talent a$$clown!"

And what if things were as reported and Marrone was pushing for an extension for his staff(Hackett) as well? Regardless of Marrone getting us to a winning season, there were still serious questions about his abilities. The D got us those 9 wins.....and could have likely done it with most HCs.

Had management buckled to his demands we could have seen Marrone/Hackett owed money for the next 4-6 years.....and found we wanted to replace them next year. That is an awful lot more wasted money than Marrone's bonus $4M.

My offer to Marrone would have been "Find a new OC and OL Coach, and I'll give everyone on the staff (HC, Offense, Defense, ST) a fresh 3 year contract". And go from there. It's part of negotiating. Maybe they did, but it sure seems like Marrone asked for some things and was just told "No" with little to no counter offers.

My offer to Marrone would have been "Find a new OC and OL Coach, and I'll give everyone on the staff (HC, Offense, Defense, ST) a fresh 3 year contract". And go from there. It's part of negotiating. Maybe they did, but it sure seems like Marrone asked for some things and was just told "No" with little to no counter offers.

How do you know?

I think both sides were in a posture of being able to walk away.

If I could have had my wish after the season was over, it would have been for Marrone and Hackett and Morris to be gone, a new QB to be brought in to fight for the starting job regardless of who was left over, Whaley to be put in charge of the team and established as the GM, Schwartz to stay, and the Pegulas to go out and get the best new coach they and Whaley could find, throwing money at that guy as well as Schwartz to stay, even if it meant Schwartz was the new HC, which I have no problem with.

I love this circus.

Confusion, greed, betrayal, backstabbing, power plays... We just need a little sex to top it off. The Bills organization is on the verge of becoming a laughing stock, if it isn't already.

At least we cant be worse than Cleveland. Now theyre the laughing stocks of the NFL.

How do you know?

I dont and Ive written my posts to reflect that. However, out of all the garbage that is leaking and being reported, none of it states there were any negotiations, rather that Marrone was just told "Not yet". I could be wrong, of course. We'll never know.

Polian's endorsement of Marrone and Reich tell me he is old and out of touch. Marrone is unable to play nice with management, the media, etc and Reich simply has not earned his stripes yet. Neither did Marrone for that matter.

My hope is that the Pegulas do not get overly nostalgic and pick Reich if he is not clearly the best candidate. Personally, I think the Bills need to concentrate on finding a coach who has a very good grasp of offensive philosophies and someone who has shown the ability put in plays that can catch defenses off guard. The top offenses are able to exploit weaknesses. This is something Buffalo has not been able to do. I want someone who knows how to attack instead of someone who says, well that didn't work, lets get back to work. I want someone who all ready knows what works and doesn't work.

And then if Marrone states: I want to keep my OC and OL coach, and I want a $2mill/yr raise for those 3 years.

And you say, let's not discuss raises yet.

Now the reports are that you didn't want to negotiate yet.

You may be right about Tim Graham. Look at this passage from his article today: "A source close to the situation told The News that executives from previous owner Ralph Wilson’s regime – eager to maintain their power – badmouthed Polian in Marrone’s presence during the season."

Is Graham claiming these executives are eager to maintain power, or is he saying that is what his sources say? And do these sources have a stake in spinning what might be an innocent conversation this way? This is sneaky, biased journalism.

This is the sub-headline in Graham's article:

Source says head man will report to Pegula, calling Whaley’s status as GM into question

I don't think Graham gets to write the headlines, but even if those aren't his sentiments, they are the "house POV" at TBN, which is all about creating controversy where there is none. Wasn't it just a few days ago that there were criticisms of the Bills because Marrone wasn't reporting directly to ownership (not sure, might have been somewhere else that I read/heard that)? Seems to me that all department heads should report to the owner directly and not just have everything filtered through one person.

LOL on the verge? What, before this they were a respected NFL franchise?

Who's next to "become" a laughingstock? Oakland or Jacksonville?

Cleveland.

This is the sub-headline in Graham's article:

Source says head man will report to Pegula, calling Whaleys status as GM into question

I don't think Graham gets to write the headlines, but even if those aren't his sentiments, they are the "house POV" at TBN, which is all about creating controversy where there is none. Wasn't it just a few days ago that there were criticisms of the Bills because Marrone wasn't reporting directly to ownership (not sure, might have been somewhere else that I read/heard that)? Seems to me that all department heads should report to the owner directly and not just have everything filtered through one person.

Whatever you are doing, you should be doing the other thing.

sound like Pegula needs to clean house in the football operations if someone is bad mouthing Polian to head coach. We must get rid of anyone connected to old regime

And yet what are we doing to Polian?

So Pegula asks Polian to come in, Marrone hears bad things about Polian and leaves, prompting Polian to change his mind because things are falling apart fast. Today we hear that at least two people in the front office badmouthed Polian to Marrone, who passed on the tidbit to Pegula, who announces that the new HC will not be reporting to Whaley, leaving his role up in the air. And any of this might be inaccurate.

Confusion, greed, betrayal, backstabbing, power plays... We just need a little sex to top it off. The Bills organization is on the verge of becoming a laughing stock, if it isn't already.

What do the Pegulas have to do now to turn this debacle into something positive?

I look at it this way. Nobody cares about Polian, including Marrone and Pegula. Marrone wanted the Jets job saw his opportunity to leave.

I coudln't be happier

#firehackett

#firemarrone