Tagliabue Buffalo or Arizona home game

millbank

How about one of our away games in Toronto!!  :D  I know, then someone else would be losing a home game.  But maybe a team that does not sell out most of their home games should be looked at, like the Dolphins.  Taggy-boo is smoking crack. 

I'm not a big basketball fan, but how bout then if the Raptors play two home games in Buffalo's HSBC against, let's say the Lakers and Miami Heat.  God knows the HSBC could use some action.

228931[/snapback]

great idea perhaps Patriots or Dolphins would be glad to give up a home game in Toronto against Bills....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

NO WAY IN HELL DOES TORONTO EVER GET A BUFFALO BILLS HOME GAME. Does the Commish have any clue whatsoever how Bills Home Games are almost sacred? We get 8 regular season games a year and people spend the other 44 weeks looking forward to those 8 home game weeks. Tagliabue and Toronto can both get bent. Why would RW give up that kind of revenue anyways? The Skydome holds 54,000. RWS holds 74,000. I would absolutley go nuts if the Bills gave up a home game to Toronto. I pay for 8 home games. I want 8 home games. Toronto would not be a home game. Sad. Just frickin sad. I would boycottt that MF'in game like crazy. Maybe Tagliabue should lay off the 8 balls and ask the Bills & Bills fans what they think of his brilliant idea. What an a-hole.

great idea perhaps Patriots or Dolphins would be glad to give up a home game in Toronto against Bills....

228932[/snapback]

Seeing how the Dolphins home games were half empty this year, and will probably be half empty next year, they might be persuaded. The Pats, no way in hell, there is a waiting list for season tickets there, although it may get shorter once there demise begins in the next few years. Buh-bye Weis, Buh-bye Crennel!!! :D

NO WAY IN HELL DOES TORONTO EVER GET A BUFFALO BILLS HOME GAME. Does the Commish have any clue whatsoever how Bills Home Games are almost sacred? We get 8 regular season games a year and people spend the other 44 weeks looking forward to those 8 home game weeks. Tagliabue and Toronto can both get bent. Why would RW give up that kind of revenue anyways? The Skydome holds 54,000. RWS holds 74,000. I would absolutley go nuts if the Bills gave up a home game to Toronto. I pay for 8 home games. I want 8 home games. Toronto would not be a home game. Sad. Just frickin sad. I would boycottt that MF'in game like crazy.

228933[/snapback]

I agree 100%. But don't the Argonauts play in a football stadium and not the Skydome??

Skydome is now the Rogers Center. Sorry. The Rogers Centre. Why can't they spell in Canada? Major renovations are being planned by the Blue Jays. The Argos are moving to a renovated Varsity Stadium that is located somewhere in Toronto.

I agree with KWE. I think it would be good step towrad the regionalization of the team and expansion of the fanbase. Think about it, those late season, meaningless games often only draw 45,000 people. I would say this merits some consideration. If we are very intertwined with WNY and Ontario, that's more money for the team in radio and TV. We'd truly be Canada's team too. I'd be interested to hear the NFLs proposal before we spit up our beers and kick the dog.

That is flat out ridiculous. What arrogance on the part of the NFL.

At first I'm thinking Tagliabue is out of control. Then I'm thinking, why would he specify certain cities like Buffalo, without first checking with those owners? Perhaps Ralph OK'd this in advance, even the mention of it.

One would hope that the City would raise hell about this, but knowing them, they're likely asleep at the switch or busy meeting with the Church of Scientology folks.

The article about this in the Buffalo News this morning mentioned a regular season NFL game in Mexico and preseason games in China. (Kids under 10 in China who manufacture NFL merchandise would get a discounted ticket to a game). It also said Tagliabue promised a team in LA by 2008 or 2009.

There was absolutley nothing at all about a Bills game in Toronto.

The article about this in the Buffalo News this morning mentioned a regular season NFL game in Mexico and preseason games in China. (Kids under 10 in China who manufacture NFL merchandise would get a discounted ticket to a game). It also said Tagliabue promised a team in LA by 2008 or 2009. 

There was absolutley nothing at all about a Bills game in Toronto.

229020[/snapback]

The article a start of thread talked of it and here is another article, there also was the audio of what the commissioner said.

From article:

"The NFL is desperate to get back into Los Angeles, which lost two NFL teams — the Rams and Raiders — after the 1995 season. The league is holding discussions with four sites, including Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and the Rose Bowl, about the possibility of building a new stadium.

"I want to get it done this decade," said Tagliabue, adding that he wasn't especially concerned whether it was 2008 or '09. "We want a team that stays there and will be successful for 50 to 100 years. That's the timeline that matters to me."

The league has played preseason games outside the United States, and Tagliabue said the idea of holding regular-season games in other countries is under consideration. Toronto and Mexico City are the prime candidates — perhaps as early as next season."

This clearly a bigger deal in Toronto.

Article No. one

Article no. two

Article No. three

I agree with KWE. I think it would be good step towrad the regionalization of the team and expansion of the fanbase. Think about it, those late season, meaningless games often only draw 45,000 people. I would say this merits some consideration. If we are very intertwined with WNY and Ontario, that's more money for the team in radio and TV. We'd truly be Canada's team too. I'd be interested to hear the NFLs proposal before we spit up our beers and kick the dog.

228961[/snapback]

I understand your point, but not to be Rudy-ian about it, the Buffalo Bills are one 87 year old man away from not being the Buffalo Bills anymore. Given the amount of money involved in running and to be made with an NFL franchise, our beloved Buffalo can't really compete with an international city like Toronto, even if they could only sell half of the Rogers Centre 54,000 seats.

Toronto makes perfect, corporate America, business sense. Buffalo less so. Tradition, loyalty and passion are easily dismissed ideals in corporate America. Teams like Green Bay and Buffalo are odditys. The difference is, the Packers will never go anywhere. Not only because of their unique ownership situation, but also because they are one of the two or three most storied professional franchises in America. As much as I hate to think it, the Bills have a much more regional following, and don't really have the national profile.

Think of it this way, if Buffalo didn't have a team in 2005, where do you think it would rank on the list of possible expansion cities? Not very high I am afraid. That is not to take anything away from Buffalo, or Bills fans. It is just that in corporate America, which the NFL is a lap-dog to, the priority has become selling out luxury suites at the games, not end-zone seats.

I, for one, would feel a lot easier if there were some local ownership possibilities for Buffalo. As one no longer in Buffalo, maybe a resident on TSW knows, are there any? I remember hearing that Gosliano (sp?- the Sabres owner) might be interested, but would never discuss it publicly while Ralph is still kicking. Anyone out there who can confirm or deny the rumour? From what I understand (again I may be off), he is a billionare, wealthier than Ralph. I remember when he baught the Sabres, he was said to not necessarily be the most avid NHL fan, but was committed to keeping the economy/sports traditions alive in the WNY area.

Skydome is now the Rogers Center. Sorry. The Rogers Centre. Why can't they spell in Canada? Major renovations are being planned by the Blue Jays. The Argos are moving to a renovated Varsity Stadium that is located somewhere in Toronto.

228943[/snapback]

Do you think any real Bills fan give a flyin' F...about what the stadium name is in Toronto. That toilet they call a stadium is awful..ask the BlueJays or Argos

I am a Canadian, live close to Toronto and I know that TO is the worst sports town in NA.

2/3 the population doesn't know how to spell football...or say it, 40 % of the population was not born in NA or even Europe, there is no interest in Football in Toronto beyond the rich as the place to be, a few others who today support the Patsies, Phin or Cowboys because they see them on TV.

do they play football in Jamaica, India, Pakistan, China, Korea, Vietnam, Philipines, Sri Lanka....no, no, no so why does TO even want a NFL team. They don't support the Blue Jays now...

A tailgate party in To consists of a hotdog and soda on a subway platform

Would TO support a team that did not win...never (except the Leafs).

Toronto people are front runners only..(see Blue Jays attendance for proof)

I am a season ticket holder to Bills games and if they move one regular season game to Toronto I will drop my my subscription.

They have played Exibition games in Toronto before...for those over 20 you might remember.

The Bills belong in Buffalo 100% of the time, the are supported, loved and needed.

Go Bills

ps besides the Wonder Dog needs to eat.

What about season ticket holders? Do we get tickets for the game in Toronto? I know this is just a hypothetical, but these are things that need to be thought about. Pre-season game I could see, but we only get 8 GAMES. I say no way!

Why have anyone give up a home game?

Why not just schedule it as an away game for both?

Do the math.

Right. Two other teams would only have 7 home games.

I say those two are Dallas and the Jints.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: them both.

I got an Idea, Why dont we play a game in Buffalo?

I wish the Stadium was Downtown.

229037[/snapback]

Have you EVER been to the city of Buffalo? Where do you suggest we put the stadium that would allow for parking and an easy way in and out??

I wonder if a Buffalo home game in Toronto isn't just another way of regionalizing support for the Bills, which would then just open the door in the future for a move from Buffalo to Toronto.

Perhaps their thinking is that Buffalo and Toronto are close enough that Bills fans would still be willing and able to support the team. At the same time, it would allow to team to exist in a city which would be more likely to sell out the luxury suites.

A bunch of crap, if you ask me.