Tagliabue Buffalo or Arizona home game

millbank

Paul Tagliabue in giving his state of the game address today mentioned the great import of getting team in Los Angles and that he wanted a international game in either Mexico or Canada , speculation being that Arizona or Buffalo giving up home game to Mexico or Toronto.

That would really be something else a home game in Toronto where the tickets would have been sold to locals many Bills fans even if they wished to attend game would not be able to given tickets would be sold out, imagine being on the outside looking in at Toronto folks watching our team and in a game that would matter

Tagliabue

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Tagliabue in giving his state of the game address today mentioned the great import of getting team in Los Angles and that he wanted a international game in either Mexico or Canada , speculation being that Arizona or Buffalo giving up home game to Mexico or Toronto.

That would really be something else a home game in Toronto where the tickets would have been sold to  locals many Bills fans even if they wished to attend  game would not be able to given tickets would be sold out, imagine being on the outside looking in at Toronto folks watching our team and in a game that would matter

Tagliabue

228873[/snapback]

dude, i'm dizzy from reading that run-on. try forming sentences please.

on another note -- a buffalo home game in toronto would be pretty cool.

Since I can't go to most home games anyway, I personally would not be greatly affected, but the possible implications of this are disturbing.  What is Tagliabooboo really thinking?

228888[/snapback]

My concern is the Buffalo needs every dollar it can get these days. Many local folks

depend on the money generated by Bills home games the extra income they bring

Frankly I see a multitude of things wrong with Buffalo giving up a home game.and how it would effect the local people.

That would really be something else a home game in Toronto where the tickets would have been sold to  locals many Bills fans even if they wished to attend  game would not be able to given tickets would be sold out, imagine being on the outside looking in at Toronto folks watching our team and in a game that would matter

Tagliabue

228873[/snapback]

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Tagliabue.

I have no problem with a home pre-season game played in Toronto, but regular season? No way... unless they give us say a couple extra #1s for doing it. :D

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  Tagliabue.

I have no problem with a home pre-season game played in Toronto, but regular season? No way... unless they give us say a couple extra #1s for doing it.  :D

228893[/snapback]

and folks in Buffalo a few Million$$$$$$, let Washington and Dallas give them their games......

Pre-season, that would be okay. But not regular season. I would have to go out the night before and stay over after. If there was just some easy way to get across the lake from Rochester to Toronto so the drive wouldn't be as far. Maybe they should build a bridge. Yea that's it.

And think about the effect on the locals that depend on those 8 home games. Why, our own Buddy The Wonder Dog might have to switch from canned food to dry, since Hammer won't be make big bucks with that loss of one game.

First of all I am Bills fan who lives just west of Toronto... what is important to remember is that the Skydome (now known as the Rogers Centre) is owned by the same corporation (Rogers Communications Inc.) that has been trying to get an NFL team in Toronto for 20 years and also they own the Toronto Blue Jays and the senior exec's of Rogers are long-time buddies with Mr. Tagliabue.... I would suspect that it would be late season game against an NFC team that in all likelihood would not sell out the Ralph...think Arizona last year....there have been several previous pre-season games before in Toronto....but, and it breaks my heart to say this, Toronto is not a football town and the level of football intellignece for "fans" north of the border is pitiful and embarrassing (present company excepted...)

And although I am not one to advocate conspiracy theories, the Canadian $$$ has been increasing in value against the US$$$$ where it almost makes an NFL team in Toronto an economically viable opportunity....but what else is Mr. Tagliabue up to with this??? building pressure to find a local Buffalo based individual to buy the Bills upon the passing of Ralph???? On the other hand, Southern Ontario is by and large "Bills Country" too and this could just be part on the on-going regionalization of the franchsise...remember the move from Fredonia to St. Johns Fisher....anyway that's my two cents worth (One and a half cents Canadian)

The name of the team is the BUFFALO Bills! They are not the NFL's version of the Montreal Expo's.

Maybe the League should get teh Jets or teh Giants to play a game in NY.

The Bills playing a home game in anotehr city......Over my dead body!

what borders?? when it comes to the almighty $$$$$$$ borders dont exist..think merchandising, think TV exposure, think filling an extra thousand seats in the upper deck corners at the Ralph with drunken Canadian bums....(and they can stay up there, I'll sit with the real fans as I always do in the Lower Bowl)

I will say that the American Bowl Toronto in '95 (we beat Dallas) was actually pretty cool.

If they do this, they better give season ticket holders a way to get tix if desired.

228925[/snapback]

Preseason is fine.

Regular season? That'd not only hurt the city of Buffalo financially, but would be a major detriment to our playoff chances IMHO.

That said, I don't see the NFL moving regular season games. Ralph already generally plays 1 home preseason game and 3 road games; I wouldn't be surprised to see two "home" preseason games this year, one of them being Toronto. That actually makes sense from the regionalization of the team.

CW

How about one of our away games in Toronto!! :D I know, then someone else would be losing a home game. But maybe a team that does not sell out most of their home games should be looked at, like the Dolphins. Taggy-boo is smoking crack.

I'm not a big basketball fan, but how bout then if the Raptors play two home games in Buffalo's HSBC against, let's say the Lakers and Miami Heat. God knows the HSBC could use some action.