Why is Hackett still employed?

Virgil

With every second that passes, I get more nervous that we are keeping him. If we miss out on someone like trestman or someone else because we are dragging our feet, I'm going to be pissed.

I get that he didn't have an elite qb, but neither did gailey and he made something work. There's just no excuse for this performance and how his unit failed this team.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am accepting the fact that he will return. As many times as I shouted that he must go this season, I think I always had an inkling that as long as we finish 8-8 or better, we'll retain everyone.

Let's face it...Terry is going to blow it up, or he's going to let Russ Brandon/Doug Whaley/Doug Marrone figure it out for one more year. If he let's them have the keys to the car for another season, they're not firing anyone.

Once again, this isn't Nate Hackett's offense. It's Doug Marrone's. Hackett's only job is to implement Doug Marrone's offense. If Marrone is still here, so will Hackett. I think the best we can hope for is the hiring of an offensive "consultant" (somebody with gray hair that won't be hired by anyone as an OC (e.g. Gailey, Martz) ) and/or a new OL coach.

With every second that passes, I get more nervous that we are keeping him. If we miss out on someone like trestman or someone else because we are dragging our feet, I'm going to be pissed.

I get that he didn't have an elite qb, but neither did gailey and he made something work. There's just no excuse for this performance and how his unit failed this team.

I am not nervous. They could hire one of us off the street and it would be an upgrade.

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

Yeah, hurry up and make a move, all the good teams have fired their co-ordinators and all the good replacements have been snatched up and signed with better teams! WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR!!!!!

Wait, only one team has fired a co-ordinator so far? Only SF, Chicago, Atlanta and the Jets have fired coaches? No one has hired replacements yet cause its only 2 days into the off season?

I think Hackett will be back unless Marrone is also gone.

I agree with this. They are supposed to be reviewing all coaching positions including Marrone for a period of a couple of weeks...but if the organization was going to move on from Hackett, you'd want to be doing that NOW, wouldn't you? While a replacement is still available?

You can't really take your time with this and still have your pick of top candidates.

There seems to be no urgency over at OBD with evaluations which makes me think they are prepared to maintain the status quo this off-season.

Who knows.

Have you WATCHED a Bears game this year????? WTF would we miss out on Trestman? He took what should have been a top-5 NFL offense and put it in the bottom tier of the NFL. Wow....just wow.....