Joe B just lost all credibility, Part II

YoloinOhio

Which NFL GM said they'd never draft Winston in the first round? The talking heads like McShay and Kiper might have said it, but then two weeks later he's back in their top 10. That's a joke. What scouts mean is in regards to the physical and mental tools exhibited on the field Winston stacks up to Luck, he has the red flags but he's not sliding out of the first round, probably not the top 5. And i agree, you can't give the farm for someone, i'm sure the Redskins regret giving up everything they did for RG III.

GMs don't comment on the record about draft picks, before the draft. When they do you never know what they mean. And they rarely, if ever, trash anyone. The people who do public draft analysis, year after year, are the only sources we have for comparing things like this. Great sources? No but for tracking purposes it's what we have to work with, unless you'd rather just ask Kellyto83. :rolleyes:

But anyway, I never said he would slide out of the 1st round---or even the top 5. Somebody will roll the dice. I'm saying he isn't UNIVERSALLY praised as a safe, sure thing, lock #1 NFL pick. Luck was. Ergo, ipso facto, humpty dumpty, Winston does not equal Luck as a prospect---that is if you are worried about getting a lemon. If all you care about is upside, and can ignore the possible negatives, then sure, he has talent. Definitely high first round talent. So did Ryan Leaf, according to many.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention that this trade is nowhere close to enough to acquire the #1 overall pick.

a Second round pick this year (50th overall), a #1 next year and a great defensive tackle with 1yr left on his deal and off field issues. We would need to give up probably 2 more #1s to move up that far. Remember the Rams gave up the #6 overall pick plus a second round pick in 2012 along with their #1 picks in 2013 and 2014 to move from #6 to #2.

The Redskins traded all of those picks to the Rams to get RG3.

If anyone is interested in PFF evaluation - really good analysis here

@PFF_Steve: Breaking down Mariota and Winston using stats and @PFF grades, also an interesting chart sizing up against NFL QBs https://t.co/FCffZdEX3d

Very complete overview. I know not to put too much stock in any one analysis. But I think PFF did a good job with this one.

He said he would trade Marcel Dareus, next year's first and our 1st pick this year for the #1 overall pick this year, in which he would pick Jamies Winston.

But the Sammy trade was too risky ...

sometimes in desperation people make mario for skelton trades :D

Joe is a good guy but no way I make that trade, joe is suffering from temporary insanity, he wil come back around.

Wonder how much time you guys would give him before labeling him a bust. 5-6 quarters this time?

Dareus is an all pro, the best of what you want to draft. (well, a few off field problems) None the less, no trade involving him makes sense.

It would for Luck or Rodgers

A better question would be, is if Winston falls to our first pick at #50 would you take him. And if so, how much time would you be willing to give him?

8 quarters

And it gets worse

Check out #4

@JoeBuscaglia: 5 more names the Bills should talk to about the HC opening http://t.co/x1SBPz5hHl

Wow. If that interview happens the Bills better keep it quiet or they'd probably lose half of their season ticket holders just on the basis of their considering Hackett.