How can you compare Watkins & Beckham

Billsfan1972

For what seemed like the first time all season, Orton finally threw a ball to Sammy yesterday that WASNT 3 feet behind him, and Sammy turned it into a 43yd gain.

If we get a QB that can hit him in stride and get him the ball, Watkins' stats will blow ODB's out of the water.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is another reason you get into Marrone and tell him you either fire Hackett or we will fire you.This offense did have talent that was not used with this loser coach & OC .I cannot believe we have to wait another year of watching brutal offense before we can get a real innovative coach cutting edge coach.

I was going to say "wake me when Watkins puts together a single game highlight reel where he shows the leaping ability, body control, route running, and yac like Beckham's last game (and pretty much all the other ones he played in)" .... but that would mean never being woken up.

http://www.nfl.com/g...0446&tab=videos

Yep DB falls and an easy TD (seen him have many of those this year). So what else are you saying? Watkins hasn't jumped for a ball all season? Funny only game they seemed to send him out on great routes was week 2 with EJ as the QB.....

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014091400/2014/REG2/dolphins@bills#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000394742&tab=videos

And let me remind about these two catches.....

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014100502/2014/REG5/bills@lions#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000405801&tab=videos

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014100502/2014/REG5/bills@lions#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000405416&tab=videos

All you can really say now is they're both very good players. Neither of their teams are in the playoffs so neither one is Superman. Any comparison now doesn't mean much. Let's talk in 4 or 5 years and see how they both develop. My prediction is they'll both be very good but Watkins will be at the 98th percentile while Beckham is at the 95th.

Beckham doesn't just have a legitimate QB, he has a legitimate OC.

You can also say now that the Giants got better draft value.

You can also say now that the Giants got better draft value.

Even if that ends up true, as you can't declare that yet, it really isn't the end of the world if another team got a little more value as long as we got the player we were hoping sammy would be (and I think we did)

Hard to compare them...

Looking at Sammy, not sure how many receivers in the entire NFL make that 43 yard play yesterday against Revis. He made Revis look bad and definitely has his respect.

Coming up to the draft, word was that the Bills liked Beckham too and would have taken him at their pick if they couldn't trade up for Sammy. Both look like they will be impact players but Sammy still has more upside and that's why he was drafted higher.

Hard to compare them...

Looking at Sammy, not sure how many receivers in the entire NFL make that 43 yard play yesterday against Revis. He made Revis look bad and definitely has his respect.

Coming up to the draft, word was that the Bills liked Beckham too and would have taken him at their pick if they couldn't trade up for Sammy. Both look like they will be impact players but Sammy still has more upside and that's why he was drafted higher.

Absolutely false. You need to provide a link there. Whaley and Co. are on record as saying the pick wouldve been Ebron if they stayed at 9.

For what seemed like the first time all season, Orton finally threw a ball to Sammy yesterday that WASNT 3 feet behind him, and Sammy turned it into a 43yd gain.

If we get a QB that can hit him in stride and get him the ball, Watkins' stats will blow ODB's out of the water.

I think the point some are trying to make re:OB is that you don't necessarily have to "hit him in stride". Great receivers make the tough catches as well as the easy "in stride" ones.

Both are going to be great WRs in this league. Sammy will be a force for years on this team

I would suggest telling Sammy to work on staying healthy and refrain from posting thinly veiled criticisms of your teammates on twitter

Edited by Mr. WEO

I think the point some are trying to make re:OB is that you don't necessarily have to "hit him in stride". Great receivers make the tough catches as well as the easy "in stride" ones.

Both are going to be great WRs in this league.

I would suggest telling Sammy to work on staying healthy and refrain from posting thinly veiled criticisms of your

Sammy makes the catches (see the Detroit game, and all of his other catches). The problem is, given the ball placement, it's tough for him to make any plays after the catch.

Beckham'a a lot better that's why. He has leaping ability and body control that give him the "open when covered" quality Sammy doesn't have. He's also a much better route runner.

That's complete BS. Better body control? A better route runner? Amazing you can detect that at this point in their career. Sheesh.

You can't compare Sammy and Beckham. One is the greatest rookie WR in NFL history while the other is the 4th or 5th best rookie WR in his draft class. It's simply not even close. To put the two on any equal plane is to either be a shameless homer and/or a fool. Let's make one thing perfectly clear: Eli Manning is NOT the reason for Beckham's best ever season. Beckham simply dominated. Watch the games, watch the footage, watch the highlights, look at the stats. MAnning has never had such passing success in his ENTIRE CAREER until Beckham came along. Look at Manning's 1st four games this year WITHOUT Beckham.

The IQ challenged buffoons who suggest Watkins and Beckham are equals probably also BILLIEVE that Chandler and Gronkowski are equals, with Brady being the only difference. It's complete and utter madness, and frankly sad to see.

That's complete BS. Better body control? A better route runner? Amazing you can detect that at this point in their career. Sheesh.

actually what's amazing is the number of Bills fans that won't admit the obvious that Beckham is simply better. being a fan doesn't mean being in a constant state of denial. Last time we saw anything like this was the unconditional love for Fitzpatrick.