Suh suspension overturned [was: at it again]

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I don't see how anyone can say this was intentional if you watch this angle. Please disregard the beginning of the clip in which the poster calls people haters. Just watch the video. Suh is a dirty player, no doubt, but I just don't see it in this case. JMO.

I disagree 100%. The first one maybe, the second one where he lifted his other foot off of the ground to put all of his weight on the ankle, you must be insane or a Lions homer to think it was questionable.

According to a CBS (related anyway it seems) website, suspended for the playoff game against the cowgirls.

http://det.247sports...wboys--34206487

try looking at this angle.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I don't see how anyone can say this was intentional if you watch this angle. Please disregard the beginning of the clip in which the poster calls people haters. Just watch the video. Suh is a dirty player, no doubt, but I just don't see it in this case. JMO.

It's near impossible to decipher intent in situations like this. I do, however, suspect Suh knew he was stepping on something other than the ground, and made no reflexive move to pull his foot away. That's what I would expect someone to do if they were stepping on someone.

I watched it again from another angle. The step itself appears to be accidental, but if you look closely, you'll see he put his full weight down on that last step. After further review, that part was intentional. Suspend him for the playoffs, and fine the TEAM hugely. Hold the Lions accountable for getting a grip on his antics.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/6CC91C34A81161142934222381056_3df6d7e829f.1.4.16078336089769570529.mp4?versionId=jGw2E4ICHUPfw5.ZbttyEtcDWdvQPWow

I don't see how that angle is any different. He stepped on Rodgers and shifted all of his weight to one foot once he realized he was on him or someone. Not a stomp but intentional none the less.

The one here shows it much more clearly. But even in that one, you can see he puts all of his weight on the 2nd step knowing full well he is not standing on ground.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/8B7E872DDB1161142806417653760_3e9fe9bbc83.1.4.11955095508783304649.mp4?versionId=t7zMTWXvgsgyPv6qf679189bILT0jZei

Edited by CodeMonkey

IDK when you're reputation is being a dirty player, and you have done that and even worse before to other players.One starts to lose the give him a break attitude. Not paying attention but have the Lions even come to his defense on this? Not that I have seen. All I Heard is that they need the decision quickly because they need to game plan.

A fine simply will not be enough. but the commish has to possibly bench a big time player for the playoffs? The decision will most likely be based on what is good for the league, and not quarterback or player safety by a lunatic player. Once again the almighty buck is at the heart of thism issue like others this year. If Rodgers was seriously hurt no doubt as much as a lifetime ban would have been forthcoming.

I do not believe there was any intent. He stepped and tried to step back and happened to catch another leg.

No intent and no fine or suspension.

That might be a reasonable defense for most guys, but it's happened over and over with Suh so he is going to be judged in that context.

Suh suspended for playoff game:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000451443/article/nfl-suspends-ndamukong-suh-for-one-game

This was also ironically after Rodgers returned from injuring his calf and missing some of the game. I think Suh knew exactly what he was doing. Just because it doesn't look intended, doesn't mean at least the second step wasn't. He's a filthy player and always has been.