Spikes:playing for Bills made him love the game again

YoloinOhio

Awwww. So he'll give us a discount?

He certainly might be more flexible, he's basicly settled for life, wants to come back and have fun. Offcourse he won't take scraps and wants a decent contract / respect but I dont expect him to drive it to the max. Then again his agent still has his wallet to fill too, in the end it's a business.

I don't think he will get a big contract anywhere because of his limitations but could be wrong. I'd love to keep him at a reasonable amount.

His stats weren't great this year in part because a lack of playing time, one would think if Kiko is healthy next year Spikes' playing time will be even less here. That said I'd love to re-sign Spikes as a security blanket at MLB. The question is what kind of contract would it take? I'm thinking two years maybe $4.5 million.

I think this was a very classy way of saying farewell.

He was perfect for this moment in time-- but I don't think re-signing will make sense for either party.

had to wonder if he expected to be gone after this pre-game tweet:

@BrandonSpikes51: One last time with my brothers !! Let's get it !! #BilllsMafia #GoBills http://t.co/xCClTjWgNX

Listening to him several times on Sirius he sounded truly happy to be in Buffalo. Like it just fit him. His blue collar attitude, workman like demeanor and relishing the role of the underdog, it all just fits who he seems to be that he fits in well here.

I think he and others will represent Buffalo well going forward being here or not. That he will be able to tell people the difference in culture and attitude between New England and Buffalo. Sure, New England may win some games but that's Tom Brady. Everyone knows that. He'll be able to tell everyone that Buffalo is getting better and Buffalo is treats their guys right.

I don't think he will get a big contract anywhere because of his limitations but could be wrong. I'd love to keep him at a reasonable amount.

I think he will get around $3mm/season if offered a contract 3 years or more. He's only 27.

His stats weren't great this year in part because a lack of playing time, one would think if Kiko is healthy next year Spikes' playing time will be even less here. That said I'd love to re-sign Spikes as a security blanket at MLB. The question is what kind of contract would it take? I'm thinking two years maybe $4.5 million.

That's over a $1mm pay increase then his 1 year deal of 2014. A one year deal is more $$/year then a multiyear deal.

He signed 1 year $3.25mm deal.

If Alonso comes back he goes to Will. Spikes and Brown battle MLB position, while Bradham remains at SLB. Brown has shown limits, as well. Spikes did very well his first 3 games and has looked a lot better then expected in pass coverage.