Where were you 15 years ago?

finn

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 years ago plus one day, i was using my cheap mini reel to reel tape recorder i got for xmas and taped the first half of the bills v san diego chargers AFL championship game at the rockpile holding the mic up to the radio.. .. a bit off topic. sorry, but 50 years ago, could not resist..

Edited by dwight in philly

50 years ago plus one day, i was using my cheap mini reel to reel tape recorder i got for xmas and taped the first half of the bills v san diego chargers AFL championship game at the rockpile holding the mic up to the radio.. .. a bit off topic. sorry, but 50 years ago, could not resist..

Thats just cool :thumbsup:

Since it was actually 14 years ago I was getting ready for the end of the world as a 7 year old. Realistically I was probably playing Pokemon monopoly that we had just got for Christmas and played all the time that winter.

1/8/00 seems like 15 years to me

It was my daughter's first birthday & we were at some pizza joint. I kept going back and forth between the party room and a TV.

thanks, sure wish i still had that tape.. you just never thought in terms of history back then.. just like old baseball cards thrown out..

Corgi cars , first GI Joe

and Hemis. nope .

But a fine memory !!

Edited by 3rdand12

1/8/2000 (14 years for another 10 days, then 15 years). Sucked as i went to a National Sales Meeting the next day in a Medical Sales Company at Oprey Land, in Nashville. I had my Bills hat on each day in the gym in the morning before work sessions just stewing over that play.

Sucked as that Saturday was my oldest son's first birthday. We celebrated the whole first year cake, ya da, and kept a smile on my face for the family, but just reeling inside.

As a side note, that's Elvis's birthday. i only know as so many people have told me regarding my boy's day. I could care less.

Great thread on perspective. Was 32, had a new girlfriend, and was living in Fort Myers for a brief stint for work. Was on the phone with my father when the final play happened. Stood in stunned silence, but not disbelief, when it happened. Being a Bills fan for life you tend to expect the worst. Now I'm 47 with a wife (don't even remember the name of the girl I briefly dated) and two kids age 8 and 9, and am about 40lbs heavier for the wear.

I remember logging on here minutes after the game on my parents' dial-up Aol connection. Never got on-- as I think the board crashed.

Not sure if the board crashed, or God intervened to keep us all from jumping off the ledge. Glad I was in a one story house.