In the tradition of Festivus, what is your biggest 2014 football griev

YoloinOhio

A team from the NFC south is going to host a playoff game.

And promptly fall flat on their face. A work colleague of mine is a die-hard Falcons fan and is convinced after the Saints win that they beat Carolina this Sunday and get all the way to the NFC Championship "easily". I couldn't help but be amused until I realized he was deadly serious. His reasoning for why? "Matty Ryan and Julio = Money". Fair point really! :lol:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defensive holding and PI calls- I, for one, cannot believe what has become of this game. So many of these calls are utter nonsense. I know, offense = ratings= money but good God. The DB's are targeted before the play even starts.

Honorable mention- Thursday football. How the players union agreed to this is amazing. 3 days off to rest and prepare? No wonder the games usually suck.

My only complaint is that the Bills & Patriots schedules are usually always unfavorable vs favorable. New England has gotten Denver at home the last few years, and since Manning has been their QB Denver is always @ NE. Why is Buffalo the Patriots their last regular season home game 3 out of the last 4 years, and if not the Bills its Miami.

I actually like the Thursday games, as it spreads out the games Sun, Mon, and Thurs. The NFL is the only pro sport I watch so I would rather it be spread out over the week rather then condensed all on one day.

On another note, Merry Christmas :D Just think, the Bills finally have new owners who are so stinking rich they don't care about how much profit the team makes, and expensive head coaches will no longer be cost prohibitive.

#2- the rule where if the offense fumbles the ball out of the endzone, it goes to the defense on the 20 even though the defense didn't gain possession.

Good call. I hate that rule.

I also hate how illegal contact is an automatic first down, or PI is a spot foul (esp when it happens in the end zone). All of those penalties should be 10-yarders and no automatic first downs.

Knee jerk reactions to defend anything this team has done while we miss the playoffs for 15 straight years.

Or lets not re-hash the past. This is a message board devoted to one team 24/7/365, sorry but we're going to talk about the past, present and future of this team.

Throwback uniforms other than the Chargers

Trading away that 2015 1st rounder. That could haunt this franchise for a decade. It's hard to say which player we missed out on but it could've been our franchise QB (Connor Cook perhaps?) that we may never have now.

Connor Cook won't be in this draft. That can get anyone other than Mariota or Winston in the 2nd barring someone shooting up the board unexpectedly after the combine. We would not have drafted high enough for either of the top two. Edited by YoloinOhio

Russell Wilson was the consensus pick when we were up in the 3rd round in 2012. Just like Ngata was the pick when we took Whitner, and Orakpo was the pick when we took Maybin. Hell, the Seahawk scout who scouted him was asked in a recent ESPN interview if he was worried about Buffalo taking him. He answered with an emphatic yes.

If we had done what we should have and drafted Wilson, we would probably be winning the Super Bowl this year. Instead Buddy got cute and took T.J. freaking Graham.

Buddy Nix continuously stated that finding a franchise QB was his number 1 priority. Yet he ignored the position for 3 straight drafts, only to reach on someone on his way out the door. He only had to reach because of his previous negligence and his big mouth.

Five full seasons after Buddy took over and still no playoffs.

:cry: THIS^^^

The non PI call on the last throw of the Z

Houston game. Woods getting jammed for 20 freaking yards, body twisted because the DB had a hand on his shoulder, CB had BOTH hands on him, back to the QB as the ball enters the tv screen and they don't call anything. EJ made s good pass to pick up the PZi and the damned ball gets picked/ no call. FUMING!!!!'

Trading away that 2015 1st rounder. That could haunt this franchise for a decade. It's hard to say which player we missed out on but it could've been our franchise QB (Connor Cook perhaps?) that we may never have now.

My grief is this statement from above.

You guys all act like if the bills hit wonders on all their #1 draft picks. If ALL of our #1 picks were hall of famers or even close to that, then I'd agree. But we picked up Aaron Maybin as a #1. C'mon now.

And to think that not having one #1 pick can set us back a decade, that's just ridiculous. A free agent could fit the bill just as a #1 pick and most likely even better. Look what super mario did. Get more of these superstars next year.

the Bills

You beat me to it. My mistake.

Another complain that is getting annoying is that pegula is the richest man alive and he will buy a sb championship team.

"he's so rich." "he wont care"

"he's filthy rich" "he'll turn it around"

Sabres are freaking dead last in their division!!!!! HELLO. ITS NOT WORKING!!!!! He's had them since Feb 2011. Almost 4 years now!!!!

If anything Pegula sucks!