In the tradition of Festivus, what is your biggest 2014 football griev

YoloinOhio

I got a lot of problems with you, Goodell. Let's hear the airing of grievances!

Mine is the GD ref who called DPI on Gilmore in the Miami game on 3rd down that gave them a 1st down on the Bills 24. Led to a TD when should have been a punt. Crappiest call ever. Get some glasses.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget the intentional grounding call on Orton.

Lee Smith getting head butted and no call.

The ref calls are easy targets for grievances.

Who was it this past weekend that was tackled by having his helmet grabbed from the bottom edge, and his helmet was ripped off, but there was no personal foul call? Is that really not a personal foul?

What did we have... 5 games in London? Stupid.

Thursday Night Football. All season long? Why?

Crappy Refs that enforce the increasingly subjective rules inconsitently that completely alters the outcome of games, usually in favor of large market teams?

The same half dozen teams as the Nationally televised games every week. Stop playing favorites.

Fantasy football.

Illegal hands on the defense. It's an AUTOMATIC first down though it's only five yards. It's the new holding. It allows the refs to completely control the game extend drives etc. there is hand fighting happening on every single down. It trivializes the entire game.

This...actually, I'll extend that to all rules changes that are designed to punish the defense. Every hard hit is now a flag. The QB is practically given punter/kicker contact rules now. All touching of receivers, no matter how incidental, is an illegal use of the hands penalty. As Marv Levy would say, the league is now an epidemic of over-officious jerks.

What did we have... 5 games in London? Stupid.

Crappy Refs that enforce the increasingly subjective rules inconsitently that completely alters the outcome of games, usually in favor of large market teams?

The same half dozen teams as the Nationally televised games every week. Stop playing favorites.

Fantasy football.

Yes, I also don't like games in London and Thursday games.

I also don't like it when a call is reviewed and the network shows several replay angles with an obvious resolution and the Ref then says the opposite. It's like "What are they looking at?"

This...actually, I'll extend that to all rules changes that are designed to punish the defense. Every hard hit is now a flag. The QB is practically given punter/kicker contact rules now. All touching of receivers, no matter how incidental, is an illegal use of the hands penalty. As Marv Levy would say, the league is now an epidemic of over-officious jerks.

I think they've gone way too far with the illegal contact penalties. What's wrong with a receiver and DB fighting for the ball? The NBA has a lot more contact under the basket.

The Redskins BS. It's their team name. It's not racist. It's never been racist. The term has never been used a pejorative for Indians. It was originated as an honoring of the Indian dominated team at the franchise's inception. The name represents tradition that's to be respected. The PC police need to STFU.

I am not a fan of the London games but I really liked waking up and watching the one game at 9:30 AM. It makes perfect sense for the London games to start at that time as it would almost guarantee more viewers of that particular game. I think that was the first London game I actually watched.

Going to commercial after a score coming back for the kickoff then going to commercial again is just annoying and makes for a lot of downtime especially since most kickoffs are not even returned anymore.

Punting on 4th and 1 anywhere near midfield in the 4th quarter while trailing especially by more than one score drives me insane. Can the Bills for once get an aggressive head coach.

Having Thursday night games every week guarantees every team gets a nationally televised game.

Edited by Max997

Russell Wilson was the consensus pick when we were up in the 3rd round in 2012. Just like Ngata was the pick when we took Whitner, and Orakpo was the pick when we took Maybin. Hell, the Seahawk scout who scouted him was asked in a recent ESPN interview if he was worried about Buffalo taking him. He answered with an emphatic yes.

If we had done what we should have and drafted Wilson, we would probably be winning the Super Bowl this year. Instead Buddy got cute and took T.J. freaking Graham.

Buddy Nix continuously stated that finding a franchise QB was his number 1 priority. Yet he ignored the position for 3 straight drafts, only to reach on someone on his way out the door. He only had to reach because of his previous negligence and his big mouth.

Five full seasons after Buddy took over and still no playoffs.

I was not nearly as upset about the Raiders loss - I think I have just come to expect it...

But for some reason it really pisses me off when I see Marshawn Lynch run for long tds in Seattle. I can't tell you how much the phrase "beast mode" makes me want to crush christmas ornaments under my bare feet.

I was not nearly as upset about the Raiders loss - I think I have just come to expect it...

But for some reason it really pisses me off when I see Marshawn Lynch run for long tds in Seattle. I can't tell you how much the phrase "beast mode" makes me want to crush christmas ornaments under my bare feet.

with the Cincy win the night after it was not meant to be for the Bills to make the playoffs regardless of whether we beat Oakland. It still sucked in the moment. But we would be still looking at a meaningless game in NE this week either way.

I never expected to make the playoffs this year either. I thought it looked like a 9-7 team at best. No QB. I still had a ton of fun this season and excited for next year. Of course I'll be a lot more excited if Whaley finds a way to get a good QB and revamp the OL.

Edited by YoloinOhio