Marrone - "you're stuck with me"

major

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Marrone is someone the new ownership has to evaluate. The giving up two draft picks for Watson, drafting Manuel, failure to make playoffs works against him. Lackluster offensive performance works against him. I suspect he's on his last rodeo. If he gets another year it will be with a clear mandate. Playoffs or out.

This guy sucks bad as a coach and only because our standards here are so low the Bills will bring him back another year (waste another year on this loser).You don't pay 1.4 billion for your franchise to have a 50cent coach you picked-up from a loser football program.How many of our 8 wins were produced in the final minutes of the game (Detroit/Chicago & Vikings) all fools gold.

My sense is Pegula's will, for better or worse, follow up the $1B with big money for new management and coaching. Why spend $1B and let a couple college coaches run it? I think the Marrone era is over simply b/c new long term ownership is in town and they will study it, get some recommendations and then put their own people in. Nothing against Marrone and crew, I just think new owner means means new management. A rash of key IR-type injuries trashes whatever you do, but assuming that away, at 8 -8 , they are coaching , a decent QB and a couple drafted OLinemen from being 11-5 or better. All coaching candidates will probably see that. Ralph's imminent demise scared high end guys off until now. This could be the year they get a real NFL coaching staff. We shall see.

I agree with this. I can list three potential Bills head coaches who would be a huge upgrades over Doug Marrone...Rex Ryan, Todd Haley and Frank Reich.

Marrone looks like a guy who's lost and who's in over his head. I'm sure the new owner can see this a mile away because he's smart enough to become worth billions. I'm sure his consultant will only confirm his suspicions.

Losing to Oakland may be a real blessing in disguise.

I can give you three: Woods, Hogan and Dixon.

Yeah, why not? If we had a decent QB we could have gotten two or three more wins.

Two of those guys aren't starters and Woods' good play is on the same level as last year.

Playing QB under Marrone is like playing with one hand tied behind your back. When opposing defenses know your simple game plan before the ball is even kicked off then your offense is doomed. Aaron Rogers and Tom Brady would look horrible playing under Marrone's offense. Yes our QB is not good enough, but that isn't this team's biggest problem.

well, 8-8 is OK if ownership had not just changed. Pegulas will take a hard look at this. You don't spend $1B and worry about the cost of cutting a guy you did not hire in the first place. So, assuming they get crushed by the Pats again, you can look to regime change I think. They failed with EJ, they put their jobs in his hands and the guy can't play, so you move on . I see it all getting blown up myself.

Totally agree. New ownership is perfect time to blow this up.

Can anybody see Marrone as a Super Bowl coach? And, Whaley gambled his job - and lost!

He said at his opening press conference when he was hired, he would get an OC that has NFL experience. Ugh, SMH, why the heck didn't you do it to begin with???

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I can give you three: Woods, Hogan and Dixon.

Yeah, why not? If we had a decent QB we could have gotten two or three more wins.

Lol. You know who Robert Woods himself credits for his professional growth? Mike Williams. :wallbash:

Hogan lol.

Boobie? Really? Is that because it is the first time he has seen any playing time. An improvement from 0? Gragg too I guess.

Lol. You know who Robert Woods himself credits for his professional growth? Mike Williams. :wallbash:

Hogan lol.

Boobie? Really? Is that because it is the first time he has seen any playing time. An improvement from 0? Gragg too I guess.

When you evaluate Marrone you must evaluate the WHOLE team......regardless of how much control Schwartz has over the defense...he did in fact hire him

When you evaluate Marrone you must evaluate the WHOLE team......regardless of how much control Schwartz has over the defense...he did in fact hire him

The D is very very very good. However the offense is so pathetic it turns us into a bad to mediocre team. You are what your record says you are.

Does this WHOLE team have any shot of sniffing the playoffs if both the offense and defense play the same next year? He hired Schwartz. Good for him. He hired himself and Nate for offense. How has that been going?

If our team had an average offense and the same D we'd be 13-3. If we had an average defense and the same O we'd be 1-15. So I'll give you that Marrone found a nice DC in Schwartz and hired him. He should now fire the O guys, and he is one of them.

8-8 means staying then?

Dude, if he leaves he'll get a job somewhere so you can send your love letters there or still post them on this board when Illinois State Tech & Marketing goes to the Asparagus Bowl.

The new owner can afford any coach he desires just like he can have any car he desires. I'm fine if the new coach is a Bently or a Beamer or a friggin Accord. As long as that Yugo up on blocks in the front yard goes bye bye.

Dude, if he leaves he'll get a job somewhere so you can send your love letters there or still post them on this board when Illinois State Tech & Marketing goes to the Asparagus Bowl.

The new owner can afford any coach he desires just like he can have any car he desires. I'm fine if the new coach is a Bently or a Beamer or a friggin Accord. As long as that Yugo up on blocks in the front yard goes bye bye.

Ah yes, Pegula and his checkbook will save us. He can afford anyone, which is totally the reason Bill Cowher isn't here right now. I must have forgotten.

Ah yes, Pegula and his checkbook will save us. He can afford anyone, which is totally the reason Bill Cowher isn't here right now. I must have forgotten.

You're right. He's going broke. Either that or Marrone is truly the best man for the job. :blink::wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko::blink::wacko: