Tell me why Sammy....

Bronc24

....never gets the ball on a bubble screen? His YAC was one of his strong points coming out of college and Clemson ran them all the time, with great success. I at least thought we'd have it in the playbook.

This alone should get Hackett turfed.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just makes sense to put your dominant player in a position to, you know, dominate.

Nonsense! You have to take what is given to you by the opposing defense, and be thankful for that.

You know, let them dictate the terms of the fight. You make do with what they give you.

Well, that's Doug's approach.

And we wonder why we aren't in the playoffs!?

Edited by Stopthepain

So is Watkins.

Watkins has been having a good rookie season. Beckham has been having an outstanding season by any measure. I don't think trading up for Sammy is some huge disaster or something and I think they will be similar talents and Watkins could easily have the better career, but Beckham has been what we wanted Sammy to be this season.

Well, we *are* the experts at throwing the ball to our receivers less than 3 yards beyond the line of scrimmage, so you'd think this play would be right up there on the list.

Watkins has been having a good rookie season. Beckham has been having an outstanding season by any measure. I don't think trading up for Sammy is some huge disaster or something and I think they will be similar talents and Watkins could easily have the better career, but Beckham has been what we wanted Sammy to be this season.

The most important reason being they throw to him all the time and he keeps making plays. Sammy makes ridiculous plays too. In the last 4 games Sammy was targeted 5, 9, 12, 6 times. With horrendous QBing. Beckham was 11,8,15,15 with pretty good quarterbacking.

That didnt count today. Beckham probably had 20.

If Beckham was on Bills instead of NY, you better believe he wouldn't be putting up the same numbers. There is no way our butthead of an offensive coordinator would know now to utilize his talent, just like they have wasted Sammy.

Sammy does not get the same focus as Mike Williams and Beckham have gotten on their respective teams. I hate Hackett and hope that sob is gone for being such a terrible coach. Listening to interviews, he implies that his scheme works and blames bad luck and player execution

If Beckham was on Bills instead of NY, you better believe he wouldn't be putting up the same numbers. There is no way our butthead of an offensive coordinator would know now to utilize his talent, just like they have wasted Sammy.

Sammy does not get the same focus as Mike Williams and Beckham have gotten on their respective teams. I hate Hackett and hope that sob is gone for being such a terrible coach. Listening to interviews, he implies that his scheme works and blames bad luck and player execution

The scheme doesn't include the simplest way to get the ball in the hands of your most exciting player. Yes, Nate. The scheme works.

What about Lee Smiths touches?

Yes! Thank you to someone for finally saying it... gotta get this guy the ball more. I mean, once it's in his hands, who knows what could happen! Also, should probably try to throw more one yard outs to Hogan and Chandler in the flats on 3rd and long as well. We only did it 3 or 4 times today, and it didn't work, but we probably should just stick with it. Their superior football talent is bound to break through sooner or later. I mean those guys are in the league for a reason. Our first and second round pick wide receivers should only be used as decoys. Guys like Chandler, Hogan, and Smith really bust their butts at practice golly gee, better make sure we throw them the ball.

It is mystifying!

Could it be an issue of we have no one who can get out there and make blocks?

Hackett couldn't be that bad, could he?!

I don't know. The past few weeks I have seen a bunch of screens or wheel routed to hogan, and my next thought is, why doesn't thay go to Watkins.

If Beckham was on the Bills instead of NY, we'd still have our #1 pick next year.