Tell me why Sammy....

Bronc24

And if Orton was doing those 5-6 factors equal or better, where's the grounds for the threat? Funnily enough, Marrone would be chastised for being petty for benching a superior player for not marching to his drum.

No he wouldn't. Pretty much everyone of the 10,000 members of this forum think Watkins should see the ball more.

Besides, I don't think it is possible that Orton would defy them.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he wouldn't. Pretty much everyone of the 10,000 members of this forum think Watkins should see the ball more.

Besides, I don't think it is possible that Orton would defy them.

Fair.

But I think "defy" is a little strong. He doesn't have to say no, he just has to say he's not getting the protection to throw downfield. Which has a grain of truth, even though it's not valid. Or he can say, I didn't see him, I didn't think he was open enough etc.

I think you're stretching here to blame the coaches. No chance Marrone is happy with the poor use of Watkins. I don't understand how the onus doesn't fall on the QB who refuses or is unable to look downfield and throw the ball. It's not like Watkins isn't on the field. It's not like there aren't plays that have his as the primary read. I would guarantee that there are many. At a certain point, when your QB has to choose who to throw to, he is consciously not picking Woods/Watkins enough. Hackett can't mic in and yell "WATKINS!!!" when he's in a clean pocket.

Funnily enough, Orton gets all the credit when Watkins gets the ball, but the coaches get the blame when he doesn't. That rings a little hollow.

!@#$ *Josh Gordon led the league in receiving

Ok, we had a miss communication. I thought we were still talking rookies this year..... And I could have sworn we were on the Beckham subject.....

Oh yea !@#$* nice mouth Richard.

Now that I see were not, I'm bowing out.

Edited by JaxBills

If Beckham was on the Bills instead of NY, we'd still have our #1 pick next year.

And if February had more than 28 says, it would be July.....geese, stop with the myopia. If Beckham was on the Bills, he would have been misused also.