Kyle Orton is a Horrible Quarterback

Coach Tuesday

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I am by no means a Kyle Orton apologist (he is not the answer), we rushed 13 times for 13 yards. That's beyond the QB.

So many fans just don't see this, and sadly just want to blindly point at the QB. Orton does suck, so why oh why ask him to throw 49 times :doh:

The Raiders were 24th against the run, and 7th against the pass. So, naturally Hackett forces Orton to throw 49 times while rushing only 13 times. That has to be the most moronic coaching ever.

I actually have no problem believing Orton has arm talent....but

- Cant escape from pressure......at all

- And now he seems to just be a paycheck player.....a merc......he doesnt stand tall in the pocket and take a hit to deliver a accurate strike.....he crabs up and takes sacks instead of throwing the ball away at the most maddening times......

Its like he is playing not to get hurt.....as a matter of fact it looks EXACTLY like that

oh. Wow. You must be important.

No, but at least I know what I'm talking about when I'm trying to start static with someone. If you want to bring it, bring it. I'm more than happy to toss it around -- just get the facts straight and don't misquote me.

But that requires you to have reading comprehension -- which you are sorely lacking.

And I change my vote. Mr. Ags can get the !@#$ out of here.

No, but at least I know what I'm talking about when I'm trying to start static with someone. If you want to bring it, bring it. I'm more than happy to toss it around -- just get the facts straight and don't misquote me.

But that requires you to have reading comprehension -- which you are sorely lacking.

And I change my vote. Mr. Ags can get the !@#$ out of here.

Get out of my sandbox!

So many fans just don't see this, and sadly just want to blindly point at the QB. Orton does suck, so why oh why ask him to throw 49 times :doh:

The Raiders were 24th against the run, and 7th against the pass. So, naturally Hackett forces Orton to throw 49 times while rushing only 13 times. That has to be the most moronic coaching ever.

I don't disagree with a word you wrote here....but if you have a broken leg and a badly slashed hand, wouldn't you want to set the leg in a cast and stitch up your hand. Both?

Why choose between chocolate and vanilla if I can have a scoop of each?!

My point: we need a QB, a head coach, AND an offensive coordinator.

These positions need not be mutually exclusive.

And oh! We need a much better offensive line too.

but if I can only get one, I'll take the QB; he's by far the most important guy on the team, or coaching staff.

Orton has never been this bad. Before he was average. Mediocre. He would throw a few great passes and a few head scratchers. A few untimely interceptions. But it evened out. He wasn't good, he was average. That's why he has the passer rating he does. That's why he has a .500 record. That's why teams didn't think of him as a franchise quarterback but a back up. His flaws were equal to his strengths.

But he was never this bad. He's been horrendous for five straight games. He's no longer Orton he's way worse than Orton. And that I blame on the coaches as much as him. He's unbelievably bad. He used to just be unbelievably inconsistent.

Orton has never been this bad. Before he was average. Mediocre. He would throw a few great passes and a few head scratchers. A few untimely interceptions. But it evened out. He wasn't good, he was average. That's why he has the passer rating he does. That's why he has a .500 record. That's why teams didn't think of him as a franchise quarterback but a back up. His flaws were equal to his strengths.

But he was never this bad. He's been horrendous for five straight games. He's no longer Orton he's way worse than Orton. And that I blame on the coaches as much as him. He's unbelievably bad. He used to just be unbelievably inconsistent.

The coaching is terrible, but the Orton you are referring to had more lower-body athleticism and more fight. Kelly, this guy is washed up.

Kelly.....this....absolutely...this

100% and well said. The continued regression of QBs under this regime is alarming to say the least. EJ, Thad, Tuel, now Orton. Each one showed competency early, each one got significantly worse the more time they spent in the system. Yes, some of this can be attributed to opposing defenses getting more film and taking things away from them, but not all of it. Some of it, probably the largest portion, falls squarely on this coaching staff.

Marrone's system is terrible, Hackfuk's calls are worse. I hate the philosophy of the scheme, I hate the fact that Marrone seems to think they have a line built to maul people when all they do is whiff. I hate the fact Orton looks like a lifeless doll out there and hate that he's been neutered (to use your phrase which was brilliant).

I'm at a loss right now because I do not think the best decision is to fire Marrone and scrap what's being built -- but I also have zero confidence that the offensive woes will change with a simple change at OC since Marrone's the one who designed the scheme. I really don't know what I'm rooting for in the off season now ... other than two new guards, a TE and a new QB not named Cutler or Orton.

How can Cutler be simultaneously blasted for being reckless throwing down field AND playing like Orton did today?

Cutler blows. He is not the answer but he isn't reckless downfield because he's not allowed to throw downfield.

Lack of passion on the field or the sideline? I have never seen Jay Cutler throw behind the LoS over and over and over like KO does. That's worse than a lack of passion.

This is EXACTLY what Cutler has done all season, so you haven't watched him much.

Edited by SACTOBILLSFAN