what are chances Hughes gives Bills hometown discount ??

RCOHEN13

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes could recognize his performance is tied to Mario, Kyle and Dareus. If he leaves for a lesser team, so might his production. So he leaves a mil or two on the table in order to continue being a stud? Might happen.

It certainly COULD happen, but the value of being a stud is in your next contract. I think his second contract is the one that sets him up for life and he's more concerned about that than a thrid contract later in his career. I hope I'm wrong! I'm sure we'll give it a good shot.

He should take the most he could take but he should take into account that the other players around him make his life easier. There should be some ways to make it happen and still be able to re-sign Dareus next year.

The ones that should be thinking about giving the Bills some sort of discount down the road are Mario and Kyle, I hope they want to retire here.

I hope that he signs as well. I presume there will be at least one team out there that will offer a lot.

But . . .

I also presume that teams will realize that, although he is very good, his production is impacted (at least in part) by the guys that line up beside him.

That is hilarious.

Take less pay:

1. From a team in NY with NY state taxes

2. From a team that hasn't made the playoffs in soon to be 15 years

3. From a team with a childish head coach who has already benched him in a huge game and messes with careers to prove points

4. To live in Buffalo longer than he has to

5. To play for a good defense that will probably lose another defensive coordinator this tear or next

Hmmm. It doesn'the look too good for the hometown discount. The good news is that he will probably stay for a bunch of money though!

I just don't see anyway way Hughes sticks around. Marcel's gonna need paid soon and you just can't have that much money in one position group. Plus I think finding someone for less in FA or draft that can nearly match his productivity (due to the rest of our DL) won't be as hard as finding another disruptive DT.

i can't help but post again, i just see it.

there are three things i want to put a lock on for 2015 because of my gut.

1) Hughes is back

2) Spikes comes back

3) Schwartz is back

Not sure if Searcy is back. He's the type of FA we go after but its just the same old Bills that let this guy walk.

They should offer all four starting D linemen some sort of collective, giant ass contract, with incentives specific to each player, and some bit of competition among the group.

Offer them the chance to commit to each other, somehow. Not a one of them is better off without the other three.

The four gentlemen leading this team right now need to look at each other and BILLIEVE!!!!

MW. MD. KW. JH.

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER

So people rip GR, and I get that, but they had John Clayton on today.

He said Bills should try to get Hughes for $3.5-$4m..

Haha..I do a lot of driving and listen to GR a ton.....but Clayton is just an idiot...hate his weekly segment more than any other.

Or, do we value Hughes way more the other people might?

I mean $3.5 for Jerry Fuggung Hughes?

So people rip GR, and I get that, but they had John Clayton on today.

He said Bills should try to get Hughes for $3.5-$4m..

Haha..I do a lot of driving and listen to GR a ton.....but Clayton is just an idiot...hate his weekly segment more than any other.

Or, do we value Hughes way more the other people might?

I mean $3.5 for Jerry Fuggung Hughes?

DONT POST AND DRIVE!!!

I am quite sure that many great players have recognized this TEAM dynamic. Great TEAMS make great PLAYERS more often than Vice-Versa, no?

Agreed, but this almost always happens after they are set for life. He's in a position now to achieve that status. The last contract is more likely to be about being in the right place. And as a reminder, we still haven't made the playoffs in a bit, so this is the right place only in terms of his immediate unit right now. I'm sure we'll make a strong offer though. And I pray for the best!