Week 16 predictions: Bills at Raiders

YoloinOhio

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills aren't that kind of team anymore dude.....If they were, we would have lost to the Jets in one of those games.........Find the faith brother..find the faith...It's Christmas time....

Man, I hope you're right. What I want most of all for Christmas is for the Bills to be playing for something on the last day of the season. The best scenario would be playing the Pats for a chance to get in the playoffs, and the chance to knock them out of home field advantage. That would be the best thing in 15 years for the Fans of the Buffalo Bills.

The Bills aren't that kind of team anymore dude.....If they were, we would have lost to the Jets in one of those games.........Find the faith brother..find the faith...It's Christmas time....

i could not agree more. They have beaten the good team at home (GB), the good team on the road (Detroit) the bad team at home (Minnesota), the "major hype game" (Miami), the conference playoff implication game (Browns) and the bad team on the road (Jets). They have beaten the bad QB and not made him look like a HOFer. They have beaten the HOFer and made him look like a bad QB. They have won after being stuck in an epic snowstorm and forced to play a home game In another city and practice via iPad. Every week it's " the bills don't win these types of games." They have. No they haven't won every game, but they are definitely not the "old Bills."

And in the games they did lose, they fought and competed until the end.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I fully expect the Bills to give Carr fits. If they can hold Manning and Rogers to zero touchdowns and four interceptions, there's no reason they should not wreak absolute havoc on the Raiders offense. Good defenses dominate games they are SUPPOSED to dominate, and I do believe our defense is the real deal.

On the other hand, I also fully expect nothing from Kyle Orton.

Bills 27

Raiders 10

This is a trap game if there ever was one. Raiders have won their last two games at home against teams on par with the Bills, KC and SF. The Bills' offense struggles at home, so I have little confidence in away games, even against Oakland. I think this game reverses all of the "nice things" said about Marrone this week...

My head says:

Raiders 19 (they score a defensive TD)

Bills 13

In my heart, I'd love to see the O finally break out heading into New England. A 31-13 drubbing would do them wonders...

I don't think it's a true "trap" game as much as the style of football the Bills are playing lends itself to being beatable by anyone.

I could see the Bills attempting 6 field goals, making 5 of them....the Raiders only score twice.....but both are TD's....with the second one being late with a 2 point conversion at the end of regulation and go to overtime where either team wins with a field goal.

After 4 years of Jauron ball we have seen how tough it is to string together successes while playing not to lose.

I'm not sure that it's as deliberately done as under Jauron.....but intentionally or not Hackett/Marrone exterminate a lot of their offensive drives with play calling that just doesn't inspire....and as a result it's hard to pull away from anyone, even teams that are turning the ball over.

Bills 16, raiders 11

Only 2nd time in history a game ends with that score, last weeks jets win over titans being the first. But whereas that game featured one safety factored into the 11 (safety + 3 FGs), this one will have 2 safety's and 1TD (pick 6). Raisers D will account for all 11 of their points, with bills D pitching a shutout

Book it.

Edited by JTSP

Raiders are in serious trouble. Have you seen their injury report? Yikes!!

42 - 9 Bills

Sammy may crack 1000yds with this game. Bills should attack the Raiders secondary. No way the offense doesn't score some TDs on this team.

is Charles Woodson still good? I heard he was having a good year but don't know for sure.

I don't think it's a true "trap" game as much as the style of football the Bills are playing lends itself to being beatable by anyone.

I could see the Bills attempting 6 field goals, making 5 of them....the Raiders only score twice.....but both are TD's....with the second one being late with a 2 point conversion at the end of regulation and go to overtime where either team wins with a field goal.

After 4 years of Jauron ball we have seen how tough it is to string together successes while playing not to lose.

I'm not sure that it's as deliberately done as under Jauron.....but intentionally or not Hackett/Marrone exterminate a lot of their offensive drives with play calling that just doesn't inspire....and as a result it's hard to pull away from anyone, even teams that are turning the ball over.

true. It seems as if the play calling changes as soon as the Bills get inside the opposing 50 yard line.

Bills D needs to be aggressive. Stuff the run and jam receivers at the line. Big mean physical D will win this game. D has to dominate, play good special teams and Orton doesn't lose game with TOs. Anything short and we will lose. O can't be counted on to do squat. Sammy the invisible WR looks like he's playing scared. OL still sucks. Freddy can only do so much at his age and limited speed. Maybe Spiller is ready to help?

17-10 Buffalo!

true. It seems as if the play calling changes as soon as the Bills get inside the opposing 50 yard line.

Watch for the first down delayed draw call to Boobie Dixon around the opponents 35 yard line.

Sometimes you call plays and they just don't work......but damn....sometimes they just ask square pegs to do what they cannot.

When the first pass option on a play ends up being a double covered Lee Smith you just flat called the wrong f'ing play. :doh:

Game sold out, the crazies will be there for the last big goth party of the year. I fear the crowd more than the Raiders. Nonetheless, it will be another frustrating win in which we walk away thinking, we should have scored five touchdowns, but Thank God we have Dan Carpenter.

If the Bills score one offensive touchdown and have no turnovers, the game is a comfortable, but not pretty win: Bills 22 - Raiders 10

Without an O TD, its a toss-up, and comes down to a late field goal: Bills 15 - Raiders 13

No TD, and a huge turnover: Raiders win, 17 - 13

Edited by CSBill