Polian says Merrone is a candidate for HC of the year

Hplarrm

He took a team with barely a backup QB on the roster, absolutely no offensive line, an OC who might actually be mentally touched, hasn't had a winning season in a decade, and has us talking about playoff chances two weeks into December. Coach of the year? Probably not. But the talks of him being fired are tired and laughable.

Hackett is still running St. Doug's scheme and philosophy. No matter how bad Hackett has been (and he's been awful) Marrone has to own it equally. It's his terrible scheme.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure but Pags hired him.

I think Meronne came before Pags. Didn't Wally hire him?

But seriously, Whaley is a star in my mind and needs to be well taken care of.

Hackett is still running St. Doug's scheme and philosophy. No matter how bad Hackett has been (and he's been awful) Marrone has to own it equally. It's his terrible scheme.

I like Marrone, and this part is confounding to me. There's a lot of truth there, but I still like Marrone. I wonder if he's big enough to be able to reconsider and bring in a stud OC. That can be the real test of a person. And a way to keep his job.

I like Marrone, and this part is confounding to me. There's a lot of truth there, but I still like Marrone. I wonder if he's big enough to be able to reconsider and bring in a stud OC. That can be the real test of a person. And a way to keep his job.

I'm in the same boat in terms of wondering what will happen with that decision. I just don't think he will do it. Marrone strikes me as arrogant (not Necessarily a bad thing for a coach) and I don't think he will abandon his scheme even if he brings in a new coordinator.

I hope I'm wrong.

Yes I agree. I think that both Hackett and Marrone are basically in sync with this piece of crap offense. And I think that they truly believe their offense is awesome and just wish they had Tom Brady or Peyton Manning at quarterback so that everyone could see what geniuses they are.

Based on his stance with Crossman last year, I get the impression that Marrone will not be willing to part ways with Hackett. And with that being said, I say can them both. If Marrone was willing to bring in a more talented offensive mind at offensive coordinator then I would be fine with Marrone staying. Otherwise....do widzenia!

The HC hasn't done any thing to bolster or change the direction of the offense besides allowing Orton to be the starter which was a no brainer .

I will argue that at the time he made that move, not everyone thought it was a no brainer.

Bring in a new OC the caliber our new DC and you have something, even though we still have some holes to fill and lack a franchise QB. Trent Dilfer has a ring, after all...

Let's just hope our DC doesn't get offered a HC job again this year...

Arians will win it hands down for sure

CBF

Arians should have won in 2012, and 2013. Now that the Cardinals clinched a playoff spot he is a shoe in.

Clearly they want more than a one and done resume for coach of the year.

So Marrone would be on the short list if the Bills made the playoffs but Arians will get his this year.

Edited by Why So Serious?

And Bruss who hired Wally who hired Merrone who was purchased by Pags, or El Paguela, as hes known in some circles, after the passing Rafff.

Arians should have won in 2012, and 2013. Now that the Cardinals clinched a playoff spot he is a shoe in.

Clearly they want more than a one and done resume for coach of the year.

So Marrone would be on the short list if the Bills made the playoffs but Arians will get his this year.

You got to love it. We are in playoff contention in Mid-December, we just beat the consensus #1 team in the power rankings and there's a thread as to whether our coach should be coach of the year. Seriously if people can't see improvement and change here then ....

We have a super talented defense that has allowed us to win eight games. An offensive that can do nothing, and likely cost us the playoffs this year. Marrone was supposed to be an offensive coach, and shows no aptitude in that area. If anyone should be given coach of the year it would be Jim Schwartz. Polian was a great GM, but once these guys get on TV it doesn't always mean what comes out of there mouth makes any sense.

There is only one candidate for coach of the year and that's Bruce Arians. To be 11-3 with no QB half the year, missing key defensive players and down to your 4th RB is beyond impressive...

If he doesn't win unanimously the people who didn't vote for him need their heads examined