Manziel and Cleveland is a lesson to be learned

PromoTheRobot

Fans, media, everyone wanted Johnny Football to start. They had to beat Cincy to keep playoff hopes alive! Manziel looked awesome on the one drive against Buffalo. Hoyer sucked. How much worse could JFF be?

About as bad as bad could be. And now Cleveland's season is over. I feel bad for Pettine.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans, media, everyone wanted Johnny Football to start. They had to beat Cincy to keep playoff hopes alive! Manziel looked awesome on the one drive against Buffalo. Hoyer sucked. How much worse could JFF be?

About as bad as bad could be. And now Cleveland's season is over. I feel bad for Pettine.

Hoyer played just as bad. The difference was that the defense and run game stunk as well.

Pettine used us then dropped us asap and you feel bad for him? Screw him, glad hes out and that one less team for us to worry about.

Promo loves raging against changes at qb.

Even if Johnny flames out spectacularly I think tgat teams better off seeing him this year than not. Hoyer isn't taking them deep (likely wasn't getting them even into the playoffs).

Maybe you atleast get some answers at qb, even if they aren't ones you want to hear.

Hoyer was basically unplayable. Pettine had no choice. But I get the impression Pettine didn't want to draft him. He says he will have enough of a sample size after 3 games and his two drives against the Bills to know whether he can be the guy. I think he already knows.

Pettine I'm sure wanted Bridgewater. Much more his style IMO

Most defensive coaches dont like free style QBs

Cleveland was 4-12 in 2013, made big changes, and will win at least 3 more games in 2014 with Brian stinking Hoyer (he formerly with New England) starting most of those games. And without their top WR for the first 10 games of the season and losing Alex Mack.

I think most Bills fans are jealous because Buffalo won a big game at home and Cleveland's Heisman trophy winning QB gets more attention in a blowout loss. I don't feel sorry for Pettine at all. He'll probably right that ship.

I would argue that most of those piling on top of the crap-crusted stinkhole that is Manziel would never be at the pitch they're at if Manziel didn't first start with that self-absorbed finger-rolling money bit.

The one lesson aging loves to teach is that no one cares how good you are at something if you're a douchebag while you're doing it.

Pettine used us then dropped us asap and you feel bad for him? Screw him, glad hes out and that one less team for us to worry about.

Most assistant coaches "use" their teams to try and get a HC'ing gig. Pettine is no different. I don't blame him for taking the Browns job, and I'm glad he did because Schwartz is better. Although he'll probably "use" the Bills as well to get a HC'ing gig. I hope not, though.

Promo loves raging against changes at qb.

Even if Johnny flames out spectacularly I think tgat teams better off seeing him this year than not. Hoyer isn't taking them deep (likely wasn't getting them even into the playoffs).

Maybe you atleast get some answers at qb, even if they aren't ones you want to hear.

Mostly I rail at posters who fall in love with hype and then vanish when their pretty boys get exposed. I'm sure Browns fans, much like Bills fans, felt Hoyer was the worst QB in the world and anything would be better. Well things can ALWAYS be worse.

I would argue that most of those piling on top of the crap-crusted stinkhole that is Manziel would never be at the pitch they're at if Manziel didn't first start with that self-absorbed finger-rolling money bit.

The one lesson aging loves to teach is that no one cares how good you are at something if you're a douchebag while you're doing it.

How much do you hate Colin Kaepernick for the bicep kiss? Or Cam for the Superman?

This is like the RG3 thing...(or for the old-timers, the Trent Dilfer thing...anybody remember Kiper's rant on not taking Dilfer?)

...there are people who got caught up in the hype of a QB, rather than remainng objective...

...and now it's "hold the Manziel fort at all costs". Every post, every thread, every time anybody says anything about Manziel, you can expect the cannons at Ft. Manziel to fire. :lol::rolleyes:

Btw, what's the status of Ft. RG3? Answer: It's a cardboard box, a coleman stove, and this dude named Steve who rocks back and forth and mutters "drafting Kirk Cousins just p-p-p-proves this whole thing is a good idea".