WTF!? Blue on Blue Sunday?

The Big Cat

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the B on B - and so did Peter King (from his weekly MMQB):

Claimed on waivers only because of an injury to starter Leodis McKelvin, Thigpen provided the spark the Bills needed to start their surprising win over Green Bay. A vision in blue with two minutes left in the first quarter—the Bills’ all-blue uniforms are keepers; if I were club president Russ Brandon, I’d move to make that my home uni in 2015—Thigpen took a Tim Masthay punt at the Buffalo 25, zigged out of traffic up the left hashmark, zagged to the left sideline and sprinted almost unbothered for a 75-yard touchdown, giving Buffalo a 7-3 lead. A gorgeous play, bordering on effortless, and vital to a 21-13 Buffalo win.

We use the standing buffalo on the throwback.

That's the regular helmet with the decals switched out. IE: One helmet.

The Packers have to strip the decals off their yellow helmet when they wear their throwbacks instead of using a separate brown helmet. The Bucs can't wear their throwbacks because they have to use their one helmet and it doesn't match. The Rams use their current helmet and switch the gold ram decals to the yellow ones even though the color is a bit off.

That's the regular helmet with the decals switched out. IE: One helmet.

The Packers have to strip the decals off their yellow helmet when they wear their throwbacks instead of using a separate brown helmet. The Bucs can't wear their throwbacks because they have to use their one helmet and it doesn't match. The Rams use their current helmet and switch the gold ram decals to the yellow ones even though the color is a bit off.

So why can't I just spraypaint the helmet any damn color I want? What constitutes this "2nd helmet" so that you don't have more that "one" helmet?

So why can't I just spraypaint the helmet any damn color I want? What constitutes this "2nd helmet" so that you don't have more that "one" helmet?

Maybe "you" can? That's something you should ask the Bills equipment manager about.

However as it stands, the NFL will not allow a 2nd helmet.

@buffalobills

Hall of Famer Billy Shaw was born OTD in 1938. Here's his '68 and '69 AFL helmet & HOF bio: http://www.profootba...x?PlayerId=192

B47Xk5cCcAEdead.jpg

How about this old school lid?

This helmet is fantastic.

I vote for this as the default team helmet for all games, INCLUDING the scuffs and imperfections in the bison design!

Makes it look mean.

I love all those bites taken out of the bison sticker!