Universal Health Care For New York??

Tiberius

Well, the insurance companies are against this. For the right reasons, I'm sure

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2014/12/08/universal-healthcare-newyork-proposal/20096259/

Assemblyman Richard Gottfried, D-Manhattan, is sponsoring legislation that would create a universal single-payer healthcare system in New York state. At a public hearing in Rochester Monday to discuss his
, Gottfried said the plan would provide comprehensive health coverage for all New Yorkers and would be publicly funded.

"New York can have a universal health coverage system that covers all of us, without premiums and deductibles and co-pays and restricted networks," Gottfried said. "It could save New Yorkers over $20 billion a year by not having to pay for insurance company administrative personnel and profit."

"Thousands of people die each year due to lack of access to proper medical care," O'Malley said, "while profits of billions are made by insurance companies."

"We have a solution which has been demonstrated by every industrialized nation in this world," O'Malley said, referring to the universal single-payer model. "It's a solution which provides real care for all people and actually reduces costs."

The Rev. Dr. Richard Gilbert, president of Interfaith Impact of New York State, says this legislation is about more than cutting costs.

"Healthcare is a human right," Gilbert said, "grounded in the moral fiber of major world religious traditions. It's not a commodity subject to political whims, economic theories, or social fashion, but grounded in the moral foundation of our very humanity."

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Despite changes brought by the Affordable Care Act, advocates for a universal single-payer system say the current healthcare model is deeply flawed because it leaves consumers' access to care at the mercy of for-profit insurance companies".

Yes, because being at the mercy of the government and limiting choice will make health care so much better.

You're an idiot.

The expected mindless, quick visceral response 0:)

The government is going to save money by cutting administration? Yeah, that's sure to happen.

Well, the CEO of Blue Cross is making about $10 million a year, I think we could save money there. Do you know any govement administrators making that much?

He's a Pavlovian droolfus, because the moment he hears one of his lefty-approved buzzwords the drool starts flowing. Minimum wage!! Torture!! Universal healthcare!!

**pant pant pant**

You are the one reacting you complete little troll. Trash

Well, the insurance companies are against this. For the right reasons, I'm sure

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2014/12/08/universal-healthcare-newyork-proposal/20096259/

Yes and the government will deliver great healthcare service. I know I know your standard reply is "well nothing is perfect and they will eventually do a good job." Well people's health can't wait for eventually.

And of course the insurance companies are against this. How would you feel if the government took over your whole industry? Would government be good then?

Edited by Chef Jim

I'm just loving' the 100% increase in the premium for my wife's and my long term care policies. I guess that's an offshoot of the, "Wait until 2015 to see the damage the ACA can do." comments.

Ya, remember the good old days when premiums never went up....

So in your tiny mind people complaining about premium increases means there have never been increases before?

No, in my big mind, small minded idiots crying about something we have always had and blaming on Obamacare shows just how small minded they are.

I thought that Obama promised that premiums were going to go down by $2500 a year. Was he just incompetent in his assessment or did he deliberately lie?

STFU

No, in my big mind, small minded idiots crying about something we have always had and blaming on Obamacare shows just how small minded they are.

STFU

I guess "you can't handle the truth". Your response shows that you have no way to refute my statement. It's like you've been stripped naked in Times Square on a cold day. You've got nuthin.

The expected mindless, quick visceral response 0:)

It was neither mindless nor visceral. You took an article, cherry-picked it, and misrepresented it. You're an idiot.

Who's whining about paying more? :rolleyes:

Who passed the law that said prices wouldn't go up?

I'm just loving' the 100% increase in the premium for my wife's and my long term care policies. I guess that's an offshoot of the, "Wait until 2015 to see the damage the ACA can do." comments.

Ya, remember the good old days when premiums never went up....

STFU

You mock Keukasmallies for stating that he's facing a 100% increase in his cost in one year by glibly prattling about 'the good old days when premiums never went up'. A 100% increase in cost in one year due to the implementation of a law purported to decrease cost by $2500.00, and you describe that simply as the cost of premiums going up? Then you compound your grand fail by saying that people who complain are small-minded?

Tom is being beyond charitable when he call you an idiot. You're not even entertaining anymore. You don't argue or debate to make a point, you only do so to offend.