Give us your overall impression of Sammy Watkins

HOUSE

and yet Orton didn't decide to use Sammy as a decoy.

If anything is holding Sammy backs its this junior college offensive coaching staff. Throwing 40+ times almost every game and Sammy isn't even the primary target a lot of times. Scott Chandler had the most receptions last game with 8, and Hogan had as many as Sammy with 7.

Gee, who should we throw more to, the scrub TE, the scrub WR or the kid we gave up three draft choices for...decisions...decisions.

Oh, I'm with you on the offensive philosophy. :beer:

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the light swithches on, and he stops being a rookie, he will be our best draft pick in a decade.

A little prognostication with my opinion of appearance.

I can see this also.

Regardless of the details as to how Whaley got him.

His drops against his fantastic catches weigh in his favor for the future.

He is blocking like a team player which is huge for me and has been as far away from a Diva Attitude as one might get from his draft status.

Woods and Watkins are a sweet foundation to work with.

Sammy is really really good, has the talent to be a stud number 1 receiver. But the team needs to surround him with a good QB and a number two passing option. Woods to me could be one of the best slot receivers in the game and could develop into a solid number 2 guy. But Chandler and Hogan aren't anything more than a good number 2 tight end and a decent number 4 WR.

The team needs a tight end that is a true threat in the passing game, or another outside WR. QB we all know is an issue and the team is probably stuck with Orton for another year.

Really want to see how Sammy does without the nagging injuries and a full year under his belt.

Edited by billsfan89

I have to say that I am a bit disappointed having given up two number 1s with some many other glaring needs. Evans looks great and I would today rather have him and next year's #1 than Watkins. Time will tell if the decision to go after the top WR in the draft was a good one or not. He is a rookie and will get better, I think he could be scary good. Woods has shown improvement too and 7-11 looks like an ideal slot guy. We should be set at WR but I have no idea where to find a decent QB. I really hope the rookie OLmen develop for next year.

I am interested in your over all grade 1-10. (10 being the best)Sammy Watkins now has more receptions then Joe Cribbs (52) who held the rookie record.

Watkins now has 58

I have two gripes, catches EVERYTHING in Practice but appears to give up on game day passes AND an annoying durability problem.

Keep in mind, this is a rookie and if this guy continues to improve he will be well worth the drafting price.

I give him an overall score of 8

http://www.buffalobi...af-89c49dcf2e09

Durability definition.....http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?rd=1&word=durability

I have to say that I am a bit disappointed having given up two number 1s with some many other glaring needs. Evans looks great and I would today rather have him and next year's #1 than Watkins. Time will tell if the decision to go after the top WR in the draft was a good one or not. He is a rookie and will get better, I think he could be scary good. Woods has shown improvement too and 7-11 looks like an ideal slot guy. We should be set at WR but I have no idea where to find a decent QB. I really hope the rookie OLmen develop for next year.

I promise I'm not trying to browbeat you here...what you're suggesting is not a realistic option. Evans went at pick #7 to TB, so Buffalo would've had to move up to get him as well.

He certainly passes the eyeball test. That's about the most I can say about a rookie.

BTW, I'd say the same for Seantrel Henderson, though he has a longer way to go to be All-Pro.

Tends to either have a very good game or is a complete non factor. Nagging injuries are a problem, but is willing to play through them. At this point, he has not justified the substantial cost incurred by the Bills to move up to get him- especially given the performance of other first round WR picks. Still too early to tell whether he will be the talent that the Bills brass thought he would be. I can see this guy making substantial strides over the next two years, IF he stays healthy. All in all, I would give him a 7 for his rookie year.

i think the onus is on the person defending the trade. it was an unusual if not unprecedented deal. so the question to you is: how likely is it that the 12th to 20th player picked by any given team next year will become a productive starter for that team. imo, it's quite likely. for a team with several holes that's significant.

you know, there have been a few guys to cost another teams entire draft. J Jones, R Williams....

im not sure unprecedented is the right adjective.

Sammy will break or challenge Andre's records if he stays a Bill.

Unbelievable vision. He's tough, look at what he's done as a rookie--all with bruised ribs.

The upcoming seasons will be treat to see.

Question though. Which is more important: breaking Andre Reed's records or winning a Super Bowl?

It's a zero-sum game. In bogo-math terms, if the Redskins take a hit of -10 in a trade for a player who gives them a +0.25 then they lose ground versus everyone else.

Question though. Which is more important: breaking Andre Reed's records or winning a Super Bowl?

It's a zero-sum game. In bogo-math terms, if the Redskins take a hit of -10 in a trade for a player who gives them a +0.25 then they lose ground versus everyone else.

Having a stud receiver that can break #83's records gives you a better shot at winning a Superbowl.

The guy is a rookie so he's not a finished product yet but if games like last week against the Broncos doesn't make you a believer then nothing will. 13 games in and he already owns several key Bills rookie records. The kid just has it, think back to how Eric Moulds did in his rookie year and how great he turned out to be. This team is on the rise.