Give us your overall impression of Sammy Watkins

HOUSE

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He listed three names, not 1.

Regardless, the Bills would've taken Ebron. I can't find the quote from Whaley, but this piece corroborates it:

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/05/09/inside-draft-room-buffalo-made-trade-land-sammy-watkins/

Had the Bills not pulled off the trade, they would have held onto the ninth overall selection. The two players they wanted to trade up for -- Clowney and Watkins --would've been gone.

The !@#$ told me their board listed North Carolina tight end Eric Ebron, Notre Dame tackle Zack Martin and Louisiana State receiver Odell Beckham. All three still were available at No. 9. The insider said Ebron likely would've been the choice.

Also, it's far too early to determine whether or not Kouandjio will work out.

If we're going to make that determination, we may as well say that they definitely hit the jackpot with Brown and Henderson, right?

That's a valid point, but it doesn't look good when a 2nd round pick cannot even play on THIS OL with our supposed offensive genius HC

Maybe the problem is Marrone, but there is a problem here.

Where is the quote or public announcement that the Bills would have taken Ebron?

Does saying it directly--in person--to the LA Bills' Backers count?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/172744-doug-whaley-joined-la-bills-backers-to-watch-games-this-morning/#entry3320963

That's a valid point, but it doesn't look good when a 2nd round pick cannot even play on THIS OL with our supposed offensive genius HC

Maybe the problem is Marrone, but there is a problem here.

Personally, I never liked Kouandjio coming out of 'bama. To stiff and slow-footed for me. That said, some guys can adjust to the NFL game if given time, so I'm willing to wait and see.

More like a strong #2, than a true #1.

Say that because a true #1 is "open when covered" like a Julio Jones or Dez Bryant. Sammy isn't as tall as those guys, and lacks the leaping ability to make up for it and win jump balls. Of the current crop I see Beckham and maybe Evans becoming true #1's.

By that standard, Rice, Reed, Harrison, Largent, Tim Brown, and actually everyone in the HOF is not a true #1. If he can get open and make plays, he's a no 1.

Regardless, the Bills would've taken Ebron. I can't find the quote from Whaley, but this piece corroborates it:

http://bills.buffalo...-sammy-watkins/

Had the Bills not pulled off the trade, they would have held onto the ninth overall selection. The two players they wanted to trade up for -- Clowney and Watkins --would've been gone.

The !@#$ told me their board listed North Carolina tight end Eric Ebron, Notre Dame tackle Zack Martin and Louisiana State receiver Odell Beckham. All three still were available at No. 9. The insider said Ebron likely would've been the choice.

You failed too mention Zack Martin and Odell Beckham. So it's not just Ebron or Watkins trade like the apologists like to portray. Keep in context none of this is coming from Whaley or Brandon either. :) So it's all speculation. So with the speculation....

Zack martin would have been the wisest choice. :).

So the next time you should say Ebron, Odell Beckham, or Martin vs Watkins, mid 1st and a 4th :)

You failed too mention Zack Martin and Odell Beckham. So it's not just Ebron or Watkins trade like the apologists like to portray. Keep in context none of this is coming from Whaley or Brandon either. :) So it's all speculation. So with the speculation....

So the next time you should say Ebron, Odell Beckham, or Martin vs Watkins, mid 1st and a 4th :)

How is an inside source saying Ebron would likely have been the pick speculation? As well as DW corroborating that same statement.

Except that Whaley did say that Ebron would have been the pick.

How is an inside source saying Ebron would likely have been the pick speculation? As well as DW corroborating that same statement.

Except that Whaley did say that Ebron would have been the pick.

Um...

http://bills.buffalo...-sammy-watkins/

and...

Does saying it directly--in person--to the LA Bills' Backers count?

http://forums.twobil...g/#entry3320963

Can I get a direct quote from Whaley or Brandon?

Sure, show up at the next Bills' Backers event that Whaley crashes...or just admit that you're wrong like an adult.

Gotta love how the anti-trade up crusaders continue to have a stick up their ass about the Ebron rumors while still not seeing the complete and utter folly of their hindsight argument.

It's one thing to disagree with the move; it's quite another to create an alternate reality or simply make stuff up just to have fodder for over-aggressive disagreement.

Just say you'd prefer to have next year's first AND that you'd have disagreed with the guy they would've taken and be done with it...is that so difficult?

I'm obtuse? I've asked you on 3 separate occasions to support your stance. You haven't. The study is linked above (since apparently you are familiar with neither Google nor the internet).

I'll correspond with you further if and when you decide to actually provide some type of fact (or even anything that remotely resembles a justification) for your apparent stance.

Until then, we're done here.

you can declare what ever you want. you are essentially arguing that mid first round draft picks are not valuable. that's ridiculous and casts doubt any pretty much any judgement you make.

"Keep in mind this is an NFL Draft study - so even if the player presently has a successful career, he might have been a bust for the team that drafted him in his first 3-5 years in the league, then went on to success elsewhere." - excerpted from the "draft study"- no methodology reported, no criteria for busts or hits, no credentials for the evaluator given and he gives brief unimpressive explanations for a few controversial players that he has subjectively labelled. it's what i imagine the bills have been using in their analytics dept to acheive such poor results. hardly a definitive source. i'm guessing he therefore rate marshawn lynch a bust based on his quote. can't be bothered to look. his opinion means little more than anypone elses.

Edited by birdog1960

You know I trust your sources as much as incarcerated bob :).

Take it up with Kelly the Dog if you want to question his credibility.

Do not call mine into question ever again. The TOS are very clear on this type of behavior; go read them.

I've given you two separate links that corroborate the Ebron information. Accept it and move on.