Give us your overall impression of Sammy Watkins

HOUSE

Take it up with Kelly the Dog if you want to question his credibility.

Do not call mine into question ever again. The TOS are very clear on this type of behavior; go read them.

I've given you two separate links that corroborate the Ebron information. Accept it and move on.

I can call you into question whenever I want.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that Whaley did say that Ebron would have been the pick.

All that proves is that with drafting Ebron it would have been a not so great choice. :o

"The !@#$ told me their board listed North Carolina tight end Eric Ebron, Notre Dame tackle Zack Martin and Louisiana State receiver Odell Beckham. All three still were available at No. 9. The insider said Ebron likely would've been the choice.

OTOH, either of the other two would have been great choices, and the Bills would still have that 2015 #1 & #4. While it isn't that big a deal right now. I suspect that around draft time in April next year it will be a huge deal.

I still don't like the deal simply because the Bills are still in desperate need of a franchise QB, and next years #1 & #4 could have gotten one.

I love making an argument in hindsight and acting like I knew it the entire time.

Again, talk to me when their respective careers are over. As for now, I'll stick with the scouting consensus on Watkins and predict he'll have the best career of the bunch. I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest otherwise and a ton to suggest they are spot on in their assessments.

In the meantime stop acting like some pimple-faced, hormone raging, adolescent boy when you see one of these other rookies make a great catch or have a great game.

GO BILLS!!!

All that proves is that with drafting Ebron it would have been a not so great choice. :o

"The !@#$ told me their board listed North Carolina tight end Eric Ebron, Notre Dame tackle Zack Martin and Louisiana State receiver Odell Beckham. All three still were available at No. 9. The insider said Ebron likely would've been the choice.

OTOH, either of the other two would have been great choices, and the Bills would still have that 2015 #1 & #4. While it isn't that big a deal right now. I suspect that around draft time in April next year it will be a huge deal.

I still don't like the deal simply because the Bills are still in desperate need of a franchise QB, and next years #1 & #4 could have gotten one.

You know who else was on their board? Preston Brown. That doesn't mean he was going to be the pick at #9.

Odell Beckham...meh...Zach Martin would have been the correct pick.

It's one thing to disagree with the move; it's quite another to create an alternate reality or simply make stuff up just to have fodder for over-aggressive disagreement.

Just say you'd prefer to have next year's first AND that you'd have disagreed with the guy they would've taken and be done with it...is that so difficult?

Done.

I want next year's #1 AND I would have been even more disappointed seeing all these rookie WR lighting it up if they took Ebron.

None of that makes me feel very good about Whaley BTW.

You and Jauron actually made me feel better about the trade "over payment"

It sounds like Whaley was saved from his own poor judgement. Imagine Ebron and Kujo as the 1st 2 picks....

Done.

I want next year's #1 AND I would have been even more disappointed seeing all these rookie WR lighting it up if they took Ebron.

It sounds like Whaley was saved from his own poor judgement. Imagine Ebron and Kujo as the 1st 2 picks....

That draft would've been my nightmare...hated both guys.

Done.

Imagine Martin and Kujo too.

Odell Beckham...meh...Zach Martin would have been the correct pick.

Hey man, I agree 1000%.

The Bills were in desperate need of a top run blocking OG, and Martin would have been a terrific choice

and again!

I also think this board is going to explode over this subject next April.

Whaley stating that Ebron would have been the coach at #9 just reinforces to me that he doesn't know offensive talent that well, and went with Watkins because he is a can't miss player.

you can declare what ever you want. you are essentially arguing that mid first round draft picks are not valuable. that's ridiculous and casts doubt any pretty much any judgement you make.

"Keep in mind this is an NFL Draft study - so even if the player presently has a successful career, he might have been a bust for the team that drafted him in his first 3-5 years in the league, then went on to success elsewhere." - excerpted from the "draft study"- no methodology reported, no criteria for busts or hits, no credentials for the evaluator given and he gives brief unimpressive explanations for a few controversial players that he has subjectively labelled. it's what i imagine the bills have been using in their analytics dept to acheive such poor results. hardly a definitive source. i'm guessing he therefore rate marshawn lynch a bust based on his quote. can't be bothered to look. his opinion means little more than anypone elses.

Right...make the effort to discredit the study as opposed to supporting your own stance.

Good work.

Why not bring some knowledge to the table...it's really quite a simple question to answer: who are you that worried about missing out on with the pick they're likely to have?

Another Kenny Vaccarro/EJ Manuel/Jarvis Jones? Guys who are all riding the pine for their respective teams?

Also, you want educated opinions, here:

http://occamskangaroo.blogspot.com/2013/06/overall-draft-sucess-rate.html

“I think you have to divide it into top 12 and bottom 20. If you’re in the top 12, it ought to be in the .640 range. That’s about 4.5 guys on average per year out of the seven. You measure that at the end of three years and what you are measuring is whether or not those guys become winning players, guys that contribute to wins. Bottom 20 is .571, that’s four out of seven…"- Bill Polian, former GM of the Colts

Raw data with some subjective analysis:

http://patch.com/wisconsin/oakcreek/bp--the-nfl-first-round-success-rate-from-2006-2010

Hard numbers based on pro bowl berths over a 10-year period:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-04-22/nfl-draft-2012-first-round-disappointments

Now let's hear your reasoning....

I think he is a 9 or 10 but his QB brings him down to a 7

CBF

I keep reading this on how Sammy is being held back by his QB. Then what about the scrubs throwing to Beckham, Evans, Benjamin. Both Eli Manning, and Cam Newton are having very bad seasons

Josh McCown is the 28 ranked QB, and yet Mike Evans is the leading yardage receiver, and ranked 15th of all receivers.

I keep reading this on how Sammy is being held back by his QB. Then what about the scrubs throwing to Beckham, Evans, Benjamin. Both Eli Manning, and Cam Newton are having very bad seasons

Josh McCown is the 28 ranked QB, and yet Mike Evans is the leading yardage receiver, and ranked 15th of all receivers.

I would take Eli and Cam over Orton. And Mike Evans loves him some garbage time. So does KB.

I would look at play calling.

TB usually plays from behind and therefore passes a lot more than us

CBF