Sanctimonious holier than thou Sullivan and sycophants.

I am tired of Jerry Sullivan and his disciples who tell us that we are crybabies because we are angry at continuously unfair officiating. They're above it. Sullivan is okay calling Orton "horrible" for his game Sunday. He claimed that the yards were gained during garbage time when Denver was allowing the completions. Huh? You're kidding, Sully. The Broncos were not allowing anything. They were not in a prevent defense. Orton hit a first down on 4th and 16. Good try.

I was at the game, we got jobbed by a rookie crew.

Denver is a better team. They were in the Super Bowl last year. They have one of the greatest QB's in history. They were at home. They're supposed to beat anybody at home, and they usually do.

They didn't need help from the zebras. Manning would have figured out a way to win the game either way.

Sullivan called the Bills a bad team. The Bills are a rising team with a really good defense. It would not shock me if they beat Green Bay this week. We're underdogs. Take the home dog.

I'm upset because the refs messed up the game. I don't think the Bills would have won that game, but it would have been a lot more fun to watch had the refs called it correctly.

I am tired of Jerry Sullivan and his disciples who tell us that we are crybabies because we are angry at continuously unfair officiating. They're above it. Sullivan is okay calling Orton "horrible" for his game Sunday. He claimed that the yards were gained during garbage time when Denver was allowing the completions. Huh? You're kidding, Sully. The Broncos were not allowing anything. They were not in a prevent defense. Orton hit a first down on 4th and 16. Good try.

Denver is a better team. They were in the Super Bowl last year. They have one of the greatest QB's in history. They were at home. They're supposed to beat anybody at home, and they usually do.

They didn't need help from the zebras. Manning would have figured out a way to win the game either way.

Sullivan called the Bills a bad team. The Bills are a rising team with a really good defense. It would not shock me if they beat Green Bay this week. We're underdogs. Take the home dog.

I'm upset because the refs messed up the game. I don't think the Bills would have won that game, but it would have been a lot more fun to watch had the refs called it correctly.

I get why you hate the guy and I agree with you. But do you realize you are doing the guy a big favor by talking about him. They write articles to elicit an emotional reaction in fans. When they get fans fired up, they are doing their job well. So by talking about him, even though you hate him, you are actually giving him a pat on the back in the eyes of his employer and his peers. It is better to just avoid reading what he writes. You will be happier and he loses.

opinions are like............ we are irked by the wine coming from the Bill's players, If game doesn't' go into the win column on Sunday, will there be more of the same, probably, but the good news is that there will be plenty of cheese to go with it

Edited by rumblefish

thus far, it looks like the refs werent quite as bad as the board thinks, and while we made some plays - they certainly were allowing short completions between the hashes. 30 seconds for 5 yards is a great trade when an offense needs 2 tds in 4 minutes.

the bills have a good defense but everything else let them down, and some penalties from the D didnt help (but im not calling out the D for sunday).

Edited by NoSaint

opinions are like............ we are irked by the wine coming from the Bill's players, If game doesn't' go into the win column on Sunday, will there be more of the same, probably, but the good news is that there will be plenty of cheese to go with it

Which players are orchard owners and why would we be angry about it?

I get why you hate the guy and I agree with you. But do you realize you are doing the guy a big favor by talking about him. They write articles to elicit an emotional reaction in fans. When they get fans fired up, they are doing their job well. So by talking about him, even though you hate him, you are actually giving him a pat on the back in the eyes of his employer and his peers. It is better to just avoid reading what he writes. You will be happier and he loses.

Some folks don't get it. Sully isn't measured by his popularity or how agreeable his stuff is. It's reads in any form they come.

So keep reading him and hating him. He'll just say "thanks dummies!"

Jerry Sullivan thanks you for the publicity.

I actually don't view this forum as publicity. I was just expressing my opinion of not only him, but people who tell those of us who see the officiating as problematic to Grow Up. It's crazy, man!!

I don't either-- and it is correct to call him out. Sullivan just mails it in these days, he would not know effort if it bit him in the ass. The use of the word choke was particularly laughable, and showed how lazy he is. I don't know what you use to describe the Bills effort on Sunday, but losing as 10 point underdogs is not a choke. It plainly was meant to inflame, which is all he's got left in his bag of tricks.

What truly reflects poorly on Sullivan is he has some talent, but he only evidences it about 5 times a year. I don't care about his bitterness-- he's entitled to his opinion. What is worse is his lack of respect for hard work and good journalism-- he just restates the same thing over and over without even caring if it makes sense in context. If he goes off over the Watkins trade one more time out of context, I think I'll puke. Puke-- now that's a funny word.

Anyway, given his lack of effort, it looks like he'll retire soon, if he's not fired first in a cost-cutting move.

Edited by Casey D

what has players crying over "spilled milk" ever done other than make them look like cry babies, the oldest excuse in the world goes like this "if the dog hadn't stopped to crap he would have caught the rabbit " players need to shut up, suit up and play the game to the best of their ability, chanting "nut and bolts, we got screwed" never won anything

You keep reading him and giving him attention. you're literally keeping him in business. His employer doesn't care why you read his articles, they just care that you do. They get money for it if you hate him or love him. You want him to go away? Stop paying attention.

what has players crying over "spilled milk" ever done other than make them look like cry babies, the oldest excuse in the world goes like this "if the dog hadn't stopped to crap he would have caught the rabbit " players need to shut up, suit up and play the game to the best of their ability, chanting "nut and bolts, we got screwed" never won anything

That's helpful. B-)

You keep reading him and giving him attention. you're literally keeping him in business. His employer doesn't care why you read his articles, they just care that you do. They get money for it if you hate him or love him. You want him to go away? Stop paying attention.

I don't think he is saying he wants him to go away. Rather his view is that Jerry is a poor excuse for a journalist. If Jerry can heckle the Bills, Bob has every right to heckle Jerry. Jerry says the Bills suck at their job. Bob says Jerry sucks at his job. Seems about right to me.

I am tired of Jerry Sullivan and his disciples who tell us that we are crybabies because we are angry at continuously unfair officiating.

I should preface this by saying I did not read the article as I do not read anything of his.

This does not apply to all Bills fans, and not even all Bills fans here ... but there is a rather sizable contingent that complains week in and week out about how the zebras are unfair to the Bills. Every single game, win or lose. Any thinking person has to realize this is impossible without some kind of conspiracy going on. Those people ARE crybabies in my opinion.

I should preface this by saying I did not read the article as I do not read anything of his.

This does not apply to all Bills fans, and not even all Bills fans here ... but there is a rather sizable contingent that complains week in and week out about how the zebras are unfair to the Bills. Every single game, win or lose. Any thinking person has to realize this is impossible without some kind of conspiracy going on. Those people ARE crybabies in my opinion.

That's fair-- many fans are crybabies about all sorts of things, like QBs, OCs head coaches, front offices, etc etc. But that does not mean sometimes the officiating is always fair and good. Thus crybabies might be right occasionally, like a broken clock. IMO, Sunday's officiating was a joke. That's not to say anybody is out to get the Bills all the time, but the calls on Sunday at critical moments had a significant impact on the game, and made the underdog's chance of winning completely remote.

I don't spend a nickel on Sullivan. I go to our site, twobillsdrive.com, and follow links. They ask me to subscribe, but I don't. I just read articles that seem to be of interest. I picked up a Denver paper at the airport yesterday, and they ran Sullivan's column on the horrible performance of Kyle Orton. So I guess I did spend some money on Sullivan when i bought the Denver paper.

I listened to Denver sports radio on the way to the airport. Not much respect for Buffalo, but praise for Anderson the RB. And a lot of heat on "Peyton" for falling apart the last few games (they've only won 4 of the last 5.)

I actually don't view this forum as publicity. I was just expressing my opinion of not only him, but people who tell those of us who see the officiating as problematic to Grow Up. It's crazy, man!!

This isn't publicity. This is a good place to vent frustrations. But, the same people pop in and say the same thing every time there is a Sully or GR rant - like it's making them any money to have a thread on TBD.

I don't spend a nickel on Sullivan. I go to our site, twobillsdrive.com, and follow links. They ask me to subscribe, but I don't. I just read articles that seem to be of interest. I picked up a Denver paper at the airport yesterday, and they ran Sullivan's column on the horrible performance of Kyle Orton. So I guess I did spend some money on Sullivan when i bought the Denver paper.

I listened to Denver sports radio on the way to the airport. Not much respect for Buffalo, but praise for Anderson the RB. And a lot of heat on "Peyton" for falling apart the last few games (they've only won 4 of the last 5.)

You may not spend money, but your attention gives the news money. Everytime you read an article, they generate ad revenue.