Orton sliding one yard shy of the 1st down.

Webster Guy

I am shocked this hasn't been posted yet. I lost all faith in Orton on that 3rd down when he could have done a Fitz and dove ahead to keep the drive alive.

Instead he slid and chose to give the ball back to Peyton Manning.

No guts. When you're on the road in a conference game as major underdogs in December with playoff hopes still alive and you happen to have an 82 career passer rating, you cant afford to play like a wimp.

Jim Kelly must have cringed when he saw that play, I know I did. The next time someone tells me what a competitor Orton is I'm laughing in their face.

He's cashing his $5M trying to figure out how he can skip another training camp next year and wait for his phone to ring when someone's qb goes down.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oops Sorry I didnt see it elsewhere.

I'm wondering if maybe he thought it was 2nd down. is that possible?

No. He knew the down and distance as he said in his presser. Said he didn't think he could make a 1st down and should have thrown it away in hindsight when he was questioned about the play. Meow.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

It was the most disappointing performance by Orton. Not just the missed passes but the early slide and giving up early on sacks. For a team led by a warrior like Fred Jackson, Orton's performance was an insult to the team.

I would bench him. It was a chickenshit display.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just saying it here.

Fitz would have taken that hit knowing it was a Mack truck about to hit him or a Blackhawk about to drop down on him.

We should have kept him, even at the price.

Ding ding ding ding! Winner!

We are still paying the price for that boneheaded handling of that entire QB situation back when he was QB.

We still might have lost today and he might have thrown 3 picks, but Fitz would have left his last pint of blood on that Denver football field today as he tried to eek out a win.

Just saying it here.

Fitz would have taken that hit knowing it was a Mack truck about to hit him or a Blackhawk about to drop down on him.

We should have kept him, even at the price.

I won't go that far, but Fitz gives it everything he has for his team. Orton does not.

If the coaches have seen positive activity from EJ in practice, it's time to put him back in and let him play the last 3 games. Orton is a great backup and he was a very good pickup for the Bills. Time to see if EJ has learned from watching half a season and the additional practice and film time.

Ding ding ding ding! Winner!

We are still paying the price for that boneheaded handling of that entire QB situation back when he was QB.

We still might have lost today and he might have thrown 3 picks, but Fitz would have left his last pint of blood on that Denver football field today as he tried to eek out a win.

And we would not have had to suffer Matt Leinert, Jesse Palmer, Kevin Kolb, Thad Lewis, Jeff Tuel, Vince Young, Kyle Orton, T Jackson.

We would and should not have drafted EJ Manuel, even. We should have drafted a QB, but later in the draft. Maybe we waited and got Glennon, Barkley, Nassib, Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones in 2013.

Or Maybe this year we took Derek Carr, Jimmy Garoppolo, Logan Thomas, Tom Savage, AJ McCarron, Aaron Murray or someone else.

We would have and should have drafted a QB. Maybe even Manuel would have slipped and someone took Geno Smith before Manuel and we get him in the 2nd.

We would have had no worse then what we have had since and we had stability and dependability with Fitz. I do not know if the guy has ever missed a game with injury! It'd have been costly to keep him but maybe he'd have restructured after that first year, who konws. But letting go of Fitz was a big deal. And a huge mistake.

He had some big boys running at him with a full head of steam. You would have slid too.

No. Not I.

I won't go that far, but Fitz gives it everything he has for his team. Orton does not.

An artist is never appreciated while he's alive. It's a shame that people here hated Fitz as much as he was because he was a warrior.

Edited by PromoTheRobot