Did anyone see the Graham penalty on Gilmores INT?

klos63

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one of more than a couple where refs supposedly called out wrong number.

Joe B or someone on Twitter mentioned they did same on Robeys illegal contact and the penalty may in fact have been against Aaron Williams who was all over Demaryius...supposedly

CBS of course did not feel the need to show a lot of replays

Edited by Max997

I'm also curious (suspicious) about the Kyle Williams holding penalty on Graham 's INT. We would've started on the Denver 20 but lost 40 yards on the call.

they never showed it but im guessing he must have been at least 30 yards from the spot of the foul

how does a holding call that far from the play happen? how often is holding called on a pick?

Edited by JTSP

Another question about the Gilmore pick and return: Did Gilmore really step out of bounds in order to avoid contact with . . . Peyton Manning? It sure looked that way to me.

Yes. Would have been nice if Gilmore had the presence of mind to realize his offense wasn't going to score, and had tried to get it in himself.

The guard went low to take on Graham not try to tackle Gilmore. That should have been a penalty for a block below the knee on the guard but it was not called. Remember the penalty against Hasselbeck in the Superbowl. Graham shoved the guard afterwards.

Where was that? I didn't see that on any of the replays they showed

they never showed it but im guessing he must have been at least 30 yards from the spot of the foul

how does a holding call that far from the play happen? how often is holding called on a pick?

And i know it was an interception, but KW got 30 yards downfield that quickly?

And i know it was an interception, but KW got 30 yards downfield that quickly?

he couldnt have been anywhere near graham when the penalty occurred. He rushed manning so he was probably in their backfield. theres no way he hustles backwards 30+ yards to be near graham. whatever it was must have been taking place somewhere near the line of scrimmage.

he couldnt have been anywhere near graham when the penalty occurred. He rushed manning so he was probably in their backfield. theres no way he hustles backwards 30+ yards to be near graham. whatever it was must have been taking place somewhere near the line of scrimmage.

But that doesn't explain the major loss of yardage. Holding is a spot foul, so for them to lose 30-40 yards on the penalty, it had to happen in the defensive secondary. It couldn't have been holding near the LOS, cause if I recall, the return had us deep in Denver territory and the penalty knocked us back onto our side of the field.

But that doesn't explain the major loss of yardage. Holding is a spot foul, so for them to lose 30-40 yards on the penalty, it had to happen in the defensive secondary. It couldn't have been holding near the LOS, cause if I recall, the return had us deep in Denver territory and the penalty knocked us back onto our side of the field.

i think, and i could be wrong, the ball is marked where the runner was when the foul occurred, no matter where the foul occurred, - 10 yards for the penalty.

i think, and i could be wrong, the ball is marked where the runner was when the foul occurred, no matter where the foul occurred, - 10 yards for the penalty.

Everything I keep finding says it is a spot foul, and if I recall it's why if the runner is past the LOS the flag gets thrown as close to the spot of the foul as can be.

Everything I keep finding says it is a spot foul, and if I recall it's why if the runner is past the LOS the flag gets thrown as close to the spot of the foul as can be.

if that's the case then i have no idea what they called, maybe they got the # wrong

Edited by JTSP