Did anyone see the Graham penalty on Gilmores INT?

klos63

Picture one was the initial cut of Graham. Picture two is Graham retaliation by jumping on the guy after he was already on the ground. 15 yard penalty for unnecessary roughness. Case closed.

Upon further review, the call was justified. Graham sealed his case when he ran back to hit the guy.

As was the Kyle Williams holding.

And it was Aaron Williams with illegal contact, not Robey. That's where the ref threw the flag. They got the wrong #

Edited by GG

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Upon further review, the call was justified. Graham sealed his case when he ran back to hit the guy.

As was the Kyle Williams holding.

And it was Aaron Williams with illegal contact, not Robey. That's where the ref through the flag. They got the wrong #

I'm not convinced on that particular call.

Yes I am. I looked at the replay several times and I see KW with his hands within the frame of the Broncos' player shielding him from pursuit. Doesn't look like a hold to my eye.

He had two fistfuls of a Bronco jersey just as Graham was streaking by. If Williams doesn't hold, the guy makes the tackle or at least slows Graham down. KW didn't let go until Graham was 5 yards beyond them.

He had two fistfuls of a Bronco jersey just as Graham was streaking by. If Williams doesn't hold, the guy makes the tackle or at least slows Graham down. KW didn't let go until Graham was 5 yards beyond them.

Haven't seen a shot with a closeup of that. I'm referring to the NFL.com highlight of the play. You have a photo or better highlight that shows this?

Haven't seen a shot with a closeup of that. I'm referring to the NFL.com highlight of the play. You have a photo or better highlight that shows this?

Oh sorry, I thought you were also talking about All-22. On that, the hold is clear as day, especially on the EZ camera

???

I know it sounds crazy but that was the call in the SuperBowl against Hasselbeck when he tried to tackle the Pittsburgh player that had the ball. Insane. But the guard went low at Graham who was the blocker, essentially to take out the blocker and let someone else make the tackle. It is a penalty.

Yes I am. I looked at the replay several times and I see KW with his hands within the frame of the Broncos' player shielding him from pursuit. Doesn't look like a hold to my eye.

It was a hold.

By the letter of the law, i agree with more of the penalties called against Buffalo NOW than i did while sitting in the stands in Denver. Now that I've had a chance to review them. That being said, it's astounding how many "game changing" penalties are called against the Bills when league wide they seems like a 50/50 or less calls. It seemd like every time we had a big play for us or stopped Denver in critical situation, it was flagged.