Jay Gruden May Be Shown The Door.

george c

As PFT just reported, if there is a power struggle between III and Gruden, Jay may lose.

Possible Bills OC?

If anyone is sitting on a hot seat, it's Hackett.

Pure speculation, but he did help Andy Dalton look like an NFL QB for a while there.

May help EJ.more than the nobody QBC we have now.

Thoughts?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't be any question, the coach wins....but then again, Dan Snyder thinks he knows everything....no telling how he comes down. If Snyder cans Gruden, and Pegula cans Marrone, then, the possibility exists of Gruden being enlisted for the Bills. But, I think, Schwartz might get the nod in Buffalo as the internal candidate. And, I am thinking thats why Schwartz came to Buffalo in the first place.....it wasn't for the money....Lions are still paying him big time.

Gruden has a 4 year 5 mil per year deal if memory serves. Not buying the PFT report. I think III will go, not the coach. III has tanked mostly due to injury, which is sad. I think they will cut ties with him WAY before they get rid of Gruden.

And, I am thinking thats why Schwartz came to Buffalo in the first place.....it wasn't for the money....Lions are still paying him big time.

i suspect that he came to buffalo because he knew that the defensive personnel was so sick it would make him look like a great coach to any future employer. and that's not to say he hasn't done a good job, because he certainly has. still, only a coaching antique like wannstedt could make something so inedible out of such delicious ingredients.

i suspect that he came to buffalo because he knew that the defensive personnel was so sick it would make him look like a great coach to any future employer. and that's not to say he hasn't done a good job, because he certainly has. still, only a coaching antique like wannstedt could make something so inedible out of such delicious ingredients.

Agreed! And think due to his poor results in Detroit as HC and our very strong personel I think he will need at least two years in Buffalo before he gets another shot.

Also, if Marrone gets fired (I am fine with it, but, strongly want Hackett gone) I don't think the Bills would elevate Schwartz. Some people are just better cordinators. Plus we could keep Schwartz and add a real NFL coach.

Agreed! And think due to his poor results in Detroit as HC and our very strong personel I think he will need at least two years in Buffalo before he gets another shot.

Also, if Marrone gets fired (I am fine with it, but, strongly want Hackett gone) I don't think the Bills would elevate Schwartz. Some people are just better cordinators. Plus we could keep Schwartz and add a real NFL coach.

Very unlikely that Schwartz would stay if Marrone is fired and they don't offer him the HC job. Another HC would very likely want their own DC, not to mention the rest of the staff.

Gruden should have known better than to upset the owner's best friend.

Washington is a clusterphuck of a job for a HC. Until Snyder learns he can't be best friends with his star players, it will always be that way.

GO BILLS!!!

Gruden should have known better than to upset the owner's best friend.

Washington is a clusterphuck of a job for a HC. Until Snyder learns he can't be best friends with his star players, it will always be that way.

GO BILLS!!!

I live in the MD/DC area so I am very familiar with the situation. There is saturation coverage of this interminable saga in this market.

There is no doubt that RGIII did an end around to the owner during his petulant conflict with Shanahan. I'm sure that the owner now realizes that he was wrong in having a preferential relationship with some of his players. It has caused problems with the rest of the team and the coaches. As much as people charge the owner with interfering with the team he for the past year or so has not gotten involved with the football operation.

There is no doubt that Gruden is tired of his diva qb and he doesn't have confidence that he will develop into a quality starter. He simply doesn't believe that RGIII has the workmanlike approach to the game that is required for success and he doesn't believe that he will develop as a qb who can function in the pocket. What Gruden has confronted are the very same things that Shanahan confronted with his egotistical qb.

The owner in advance agreed with the HC in the benching of RGIII. The owner is not a fool. He sees the same things that everyone else does: That RGIII is simply overwhelmed and is a battered player and person. The issue for the owner is whether to keep RGIII or to simply cut bait, as Gruden is recommending. Most people think that the organization is going to keep him for another year to see if he is salvageable.

In my opinion if RGIII had the character, work ethic and maturity that EJ has he would not be having the troubles that he currently has.

Will this be the second HC RG has gotten fired? The kid's pure poison. Who would they get to be HC there in that scenario?

WEO, I guarantee you that Gruden will be back. The only issue is whether RGIII will be back or not. Trust me on this issue.

Our first, best hope for success is to luck out and have EJ develop as our guy. 50-50 odds, Maybe less.

Either way, hack- it and his QB coach may not be EJs best teachers to help him develop. I think that's obvious.

I would love to see what Jay Gruden could do with EJ.

Edited by George C

I live in the MD/DC area so I am very familiar with the situation. There is saturation coverage of this interminable saga in this market.

There is no doubt that RGIII did an end around to the owner during his petulant conflict with Shanahan. I'm sure that the owner now realizes that he was wrong in having a preferential relationship with some of his players. It has caused problems with the rest of the team and the coaches. As much as people charge the owner with interfering with the team he for the past year or so has not gotten involved with the football operation.

There is no doubt that Gruden is tired of his diva qb and he doesn't have confidence that he will develop into a quality starter. He simply doesn't believe that RGIII has the workmanlike approach to the game that is required for success and he doesn't believe that he will develop as a qb who can function in the pocket. What Gruden has confronted are the very same things that Shanahan confronted with his egotistical qb.

The owner in advance agreed with the HC in the benching of RGIII. The owner is not a fool. He sees the same things that everyone else does: That RGIII is simply overwhelmed and is a battered player and person. The issue for the owner is whether to keep RGIII or to simply cut bait, as Gruden is recommending. Most people think that the organization is going to keep him for another year to see if he is salvageable.

In my opinion if RGIII had the character, work ethic and maturity that EJ has he would not be having the troubles that he currently has.

I spent 26 years in the DC area myself. In the late nineties, when Snyder acquired the team, he immediately started his fanboy style of ownership. My favorite display of this mindless favoritism was when he landed his helicopter at their camp in Ashburn and had LaVar Arrington whisked away, pads and all, to attend some crony function. All the other players just watched while sweating in the 90 degree heat and humidity. He's done stuff like that time and time again, including having Thanksgiving dinner with RGIII and his parents at their Texas home. NOTHING drives a wedge between players and coaches like an owner in the middle. Snyder just can't help himself. When he puts his coaches first, things may turn around. But not before. DC is where good coaches go to die.

GO BILLS!!!

I spent 26 years in the DC area myself. In the late nineties, when Snyder acquired the team, he immediately started his fanboy style of ownership. My favorite display of this mindless favoritism was when he landed his helicopter at their camp in Ashburn and had LaVar Arrington whisked away, pads and all, to attend some crony function. All the other players just watched while sweating in the 90 degree heat and humidity. He's done stuff like that time and time again, including having Thanksgiving dinner with RGIII and his parents at their Texas home. NOTHING drives a wedge between players and coaches like an owner in the middle. Snyder just can't help himself. When he puts his coaches first, things may turn around. But not before. DC is where good coaches go to die.

ck

GO BILLS!!!

What is grabbing his attention is his stadium is a half filled stadium on game days.His back to the past approach to running the organization as reflected by his hiring of Bruce Allen (George Allen's son) was weird. Bruce Allen knows little about football personnel matters. He's simply an organizational manager and also an intermediary between the owner and the football staff. His forte is organizing reunions with players from the past and golf outings.

I think he is belatedly learning that there is no quick fixes to systemic problems that he himself created. He is also learning that throwing money around for high profile acquisitions is not a solution in a cap system. Many people in this area are very skeptical about the owner but I do believe that he isn't foolishly meddling with football matters any longer. Although he does have a say on whether to dispatch or not dispatch RGIII this offseason.

What's very apparent is that the Bills are a much better run organization with Brandon running the business side and Whaley running the football side of the operation.

GO BILLS!!!

Outside of Marty, who has his limitations, I'm not sure any of those coaches who died were good coaches. Jim Zorn? Spurrier? Norv? Even the final edition of Joe Gibbs who was once a great coach didn't seem to work.

Hmmmmmm. Not so sure about that.

Outside of Marty, who has his limitations, I'm not sure any of those coaches who died were good coaches. Jim Zorn? Spurrier? Norv? Even the final edition of Joe Gibbs who was once a great coach didn't seem to work.

Marty, Gibbs, and Shanahan didn't suddenly forget how to coach a football team. All had problems with Snyder buddying up to players and interfering with the job they were hired to do. But perhaps I shouldn't have qualified it by saying where "good" coaches go to die. Should have just left it at "where coaches go to die." Period.

GO BILLS!!!